Need help: Cartier ballon bleu SS or steel/gold??

Sterre

O.G.
Jan 12, 2009
Hi! I've been thinking about this for sooo long and want to decide now (LOL),
I love the ballon bleu watch, medium size. Now I think I want the steel/gold, because I have a few YG jewellery psc. However my e-ring is WG, stack bands with diamonds also WG.... So what to choose?
My wedding ring will be YG next to the WG e-ring....

Will the steel/gold show scratches sooner than the SS? I'm going mental over this...

This is my next watch for sure. I like the 2 tone. All of my jewelry is YG, except for my wedding set.

If you can get all YG, do that!

Cartier doesn't make very attractive 2-tone watches compared to Rolex. So my pick would be all SS for Ballon Bleu. You have to try both before deciding.

I agree with the other posters, consider the SS. I wear all YG as well, besides a Trinity ring. I have the large, and I love it as a statement piece, in size and color.

Thank you all so much for your opinions! I'm going to visit the boutique today to try them both on (again!)... I just cannot make up my mind! If going for SS I'd think about getting the large size, however it doesn't look so nice on me :sad:
So it has to be medium size. The SS just doesn't sing to me as much as the steel/gold, I'm
Just afraid it's the fase I'm in now.
Maybe I have to try Rolex two toned as well before making a choice?

I have the 2 tone medium and get tons of compliments on it. (More than I get on my two tone Rolex)

I mix metals a lot-- my engagement and wedding rings are platinum, but I often also wear yellow gold necklaces or earrings . I love having a two tone watch to tie it all together.

It seems that most people here are telling you to go with the plain stainless, But I disagree. The two tone is beautiful!