Need help: Cartier ballon bleu SS or steel/gold??

Sterre

O.G.
Jan 12, 2009
Hi! I've been thinking about this for sooo long and want to decide now (LOL),
I love the ballon bleu watch, medium size. Now I think I want the steel/gold, because I have a few YG jewellery psc. However my e-ring is WG, stack bands with diamonds also WG.... So what to choose?
My wedding ring will be YG next to the WG e-ring....

Will the steel/gold show scratches sooner than the SS? I'm going mental over this...

sjunky13

Dreaming............
O.G.
Dec 17, 2006
Marcel's
This is my next watch for sure. I like the 2 tone. All of my jewelry is YG, except for my wedding set.

If you can get all YG, do that!

nvie

29 countries...
O.G.
Oct 30, 2006
Asia
Cartier doesn't make very attractive 2-tone watches compared to Rolex. So my pick would be all SS for Ballon Bleu. You have to try both before deciding.

Mar 5, 2010
i ve got YG med BB, I love that watch, my next one is SS Large:smile:) Id say go for SS or save up for the YG. I don't like the two tone.

lanasyogamama

What time is it?
O.G.
Oct 30, 2007
Juste Delighted!
I agree with the other posters, consider the SS. I wear all YG as well, besides a Trinity ring. I have the large, and I love it as a statement piece, in size and color.

May 6, 2007
I love the two tone. -rolex and cartier both have a great steel gold version. the BB is much more feminine though in my opinion

Sterre

O.G.
Jan 12, 2009
Thank you all so much for your opinions! I'm going to visit the boutique today to try them both on (again!)... I just cannot make up my mind! If going for SS I'd think about getting the large size, however it doesn't look so nice on me :sad:
So it has to be medium size. The SS just doesn't sing to me as much as the steel/gold, I'm
Just afraid it's the fase I'm in now.
Maybe I have to try Rolex two toned as well before making a choice?

sbelle

O.G.
Mar 14, 2009
I have the 2 tone medium and get tons of compliments on it. (More than I get on my two tone Rolex)

I mix metals a lot-- my engagement and wedding rings are platinum, but I often also wear yellow gold necklaces or earrings . I love having a two tone watch to tie it all together.

It seems that most people here are telling you to go with the plain stainless, But I disagree. The two tone is beautiful!