Need help ASAP! keep or return?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I don't know the name of this bag, but i saw it this afternoon at saks. It's goat skin and it costs $2000 (only!- for a chanel). The size is comparable to a jumbo. Please help me, I can't decide whether to keep it or not. I need an everyday bag and this one is pretty durable. If you think i shouldn't keep this bag - can you recommend other bags for everyday bag? I was considering the prada saffiano & tessuto tote, but the burgundy is sold out everywhere ( i even checked canada). I don't need a big bag, I just need the bag to be durable, lightweight, and lasts long/ages well. Oh and I need it be under $2000, I don't want to spend more than $2000 on a bag that I will wear everyday and destroy.

My feelings about this bag:
    I LOVE the goat skin, this is the first time i have ever seen a chanel in goat skin, and i love it. I like the cc logo. Love the feel-lightweight and soft. Basically, i love the bag except for its strap.......
    The strap is a thick rope and its covered in the goat skin leather in the middle (you can see this in the picture). The strap to me kind of signifies that it is a cheap chanel (well it kinda is) and its definitely not a classic. There are 2 problems with a "cheap chanel". First, either someone snobbish thinks that's a cheap chanel. Second, people think I bought the bag because it's a chanel and it's "cheap". I honestly think neither, but i'm sure other people would. I don't think the strap is ugly, but it can definitely be nicer. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Interesting bag--is it new? Not sure I like... There are some other goat options for spring I think. And there's the easy CC which is classic looking but a bit cheaper than classic flap is now and seems durable as well. I have never seen this bag. Which saks? And I personlly don't like "cheap Chanel"generally. Good luck

3. yes it's new, the SA said they just got it 2 days ago. saks beverly hills. I'm leaning on returning it as well. Might as well just buy the classic, i just really love the goat skin on this one. But then again it's not perfect. I should not buy a bag that i still want to change right (i.e. change the strap)?

4. Depending if you like it or not, but I do not personally! I do not like the robe handle very much, it does have that classic feel.

Good Luck!

5. I'm personally not a fan. I say return.

6. Ok, made my decision, will return it. Thanks you guys! discussion closed :biggrin:

7. If the $1K price difference between this and a jumbo is feasible, I suggest you exchange this for any jumbo caviar flap. That will defintiely be timeless. This one looks dated.

8. I am not feelin' it, sorry!

9. I prefer the jumbo classic than this purse

10. definitely return! I also prefer the jumbo classic

11. Not a fan sorry, better to pay more and get a classic

12. ^agree :yes:

13. I thought it looked good until you pointed out the strap. I agree with you--I am not in love with the strap.

14. hmm i think i'm the only one who's snatch this up if i saw it.. i like it! besides there's no such thing as cheap chanel... they have there casual lines and seasonal stuff but no one will think it's cheap.. i've seen a lot of celebs carry chanels with different straps.. i think it's even unique. and honesty the chain makes my shoulders red on the m/l and im not even carrying a lot! it's pretty. i would get it.

15. Return it. I'm not a fan either. I get the feeling that you're keeping the bag because of the price... But for $600 more you could get the medium flap, or for $1895 (less than $2000!) you can get the E/W. Both much more classic options. :yes: