Need help (asap) for my first Chanel bag ....

Which should I go for ... ?

• wait for the GST re-shipment

• get my 2nd choice - 226 or 227 black reissue GHW

• or get the classic flap (double C lock) in jumbo or M/L

• get the 226 or 227 black reissue GHW now and GST GHW later

Results are only viewable after voting.

psychedelico

♥Lambskin & Caviar♥
Sep 6, 2008
I'm quite new to Chanel and after I got the Chanel wallet for my birthday last month, my bf agreed with me that I can go ahead and purchase my first Chanel bag before the price increase (from US).

So I contacted one of the SA, and after all the CC verification etc ... my first choice - a Chanel GST GHW is out of stock. She can order it for me but I'm not sure when will it arrive at her boutique.

So ... should I:

1) wait for the GST re-shipment
2) get my 2nd choice - 226 or 227 black reissue GHW
3) or get the classic flap (double C lock) in jumbo or M/L
4) get the 226 or 227 black reissue GHW now and GST GHW later

226 or 227 black reissue - I love this style but I think this won't be an everyday bag. 226 is good for my height when I tried it at the boutique. I need to justify the price for the reissue say 2 years later? :wtf:

GST GHW - love this! Can be an everyday bag for work or casual! GST triggered my wallet!

classic flap - love this in beige GHW / Red and black for it's durability! I can't decide the color for this!

Is 226 reissue big enough for everyday use? or should i go for 227?
And if the reissue only comes in caviar?
I would prefer my first Chanel bag in caviar!

Thank you!

I'd get the jumbo in caviar and reissue....the gst can be very boxy that you are not sure where to put it when you sit in a train/restaurant....

I'd get the jumbo in caviar and reissue....the gst can be very boxy that you are not sure where to put it when you sit in a train/restaurant....

Thanks juneping!
Hmm now I'm stuck between Jumbo (beige clair GHW or black GHW) or reissue (black GHW)!

I need to reply to my SA tomorrow!

My bf suggest I get the Jumbo black GHW first. Classic chanel. And maybe next time the beige clair GHW. He like the black GHW reissue but didn't like the lock!
Is beige clair a seasonal color? I'm just worried about color transfer or stains on beige!

I'm so excited now! :biggrin:

Thanks juneping!
Hmm now I'm stuck between Jumbo (beige clair GHW or black GHW) or reissue (black GHW)!

I need to reply to my SA tomorrow!

My bf suggest I get the Jumbo black GHW first. Classic chanel. And maybe next time the beige clair GHW. He like the black GHW reissue but didn't like the lock!
Is beige clair a seasonal color? I'm just worried about color transfer or stains on beige!

I'm so excited now! :biggrin:
I vote for jumbo caviar with GHW! Classy & timeless never go wrong. Also dark colors are much easier to maintain. :smile:

It's your first Chanel, i will say classic flap. Jumbo is a nice size, can take lots of staff. Reissue is nice too. But your bf seems like cf more. so, go for it, make both of you happy.

You can get GST later, it's cheaper and boxy. Not my love.

Have you decided to get the jumbo?
Reissue 226 will be a nice option too.

After some advice from tPf-ers ... ...
ahh yes! I've decided on Jumbo Black Caviar GHW!
I love the reissue too! That was my 2nd choice but my bf said the cf looks better! I may reconsider reissue next time but the price increase really makes me think thrice! :biggrin:

It's your first Chanel, i will say classic flap. Jumbo is a nice size, can take lots of staff. Reissue is nice too. But your bf seems like cf more. so, go for it, make both of you happy. You can get GST later, it's cheaper and boxy. Not my love.

Thanks! I tried it on again today at the boutique. The size is good but I felt it was kinda heavy? I was holding on to a lambskin Jumbo Flap.
I've decided on the cf ... yes you are right! Both of us are happy with the decision. :biggrin:

I would say go with classic flap!!! Jumbo with GHW is pretty!!! In either Black or Beige!!

Thanks! I love beige too! But since it's my first Jumbo, I'll go for black ... a safer color! I do baby my bags so less worries when I bring it out! :biggrin: