NEED HELP ! :). ANY ISSUES WITH THE LARGE SPIKE VALENTINO SAGGING IN THE MIDDLE?

mattie2114

May 25, 2019
I RECENTLY BOUGHT A VALENTINO BLACK LARGE SPIKE FROM TESSABIT....PERFECT NEW CONDITION AND GREAT PRICE....,I SAW SOMEONE ON YOUTUBE POST A VIDEO ABOUT SAGGING ON THE TOP...BUT SHE BOUGHT FROM EBAY AND DIDNT KNOW IF AFTER SO MUCH USE IT WILL START TO SAG? TIA :smile:

anything large and unstructured, esp in lambskin, will sag after continual use. a few ways to prevent excessive sagging:

1. don't over carry it by the handle, instead try with your hand slipped through and supporting the base or alternate over shoulder
2. customized purse organizer
3. don't use it daily or too often and always keep it stuffed

if all that seems too much work, I'd return it.

anything large and unstructured, esp in lambskin, will sag after continual use. a few ways to prevent excessive sagging:

1. don't over carry it by the handle, instead try with your hand slipped through and supporting the base or alternate over shoulder
2. customized purse organizer
3. don't use it daily or too often and always keep it stuffed

if all that seems too much work, I'd return it.
thanks for the info! something to think about...its so pretty !! def gonna think about it...its not going to be an everyday bag so it may work...do u know if the Napa leather may sag less....this is my first valentino....and I like the crackled but thinking maybe the other leather might work better for less sagging? TY

thanks for the info! something to think about...its so pretty !! def gonna think about it...its not going to be an everyday bag so it may work...do u know if the Napa leather may sag less....this is my first valentino....and I like the crackled but thinking maybe the other leather might work better for less sagging? TY

I think the regular leather spike bags are "lambskin nappa" so it's the same. Crackled leather may sag somewhat less since there may be some kind of treatment to create the crackling, which might help it keep its shape more? all speculation on my part tho since I have a med crackled spike for reference, but don't own large size.

if you're not going to wear it daily, and you don't weigh it down with heavy items every time you use it, I think it'll be fine.

I think the regular leather spike bags are "lambskin nappa" so it's the same. Crackled leather may sag somewhat less since there may be some kind of treatment to create the crackling, which might help it keep its shape more? all speculation on my part tho since I have a med crackled spike for reference, but don't own large size.

if you're not going to wear it daily, and you don't weigh it down with heavy items every time you use it, I think it'll be fine.
Did you end up keeping it? Just bought a large in Napa leather and I don’t carry much but noticed the top was sagging in the middle a little so curious to know if it will continue to get worse and if so, how much

Reactions: mattie2114
Did you end up keeping it? Just bought a large in Napa leather and I don’t carry much but noticed the top was sagging in the middle a little so curious to know if it will continue to get worse and if so, how much
hey there.....yes i ended up keeping the bag....i have only used about 5 times....i have noticed if the chain gets twisted or not exactly settled right it sagged on me in the middle....but once i fixed the chain i was fine....and i don't carry that much either...and i try to have my items centered in the purse evenly....i think the chain pulls it a funky way and does the pulling or sagging....but i decied to keep...i do need to start stuffing the bag when not in use....as randi mentioned to me.....just curous...what color did u get?

hey there.....yes i ended up keeping the bag....i have only used about 5 times....i have noticed if the chain gets twisted or not exactly settled right it sagged on me in the middle....but once i fixed the chain i was fine....and i don't carry that much either...and i try to have my items centered in the purse evenly....i think the chain pulls it a funky way and does the pulling or sagging....but i decied to keep...i do need to start stuffing the bag when not in use....as randi mentioned to me.....just curous...what color did u get?
Great to hear! I got the navy as it was half off. I was going to get the medium but I sat on it for an hour too long and when I went to buy it, someone had snagged it. The large is still really nice and not to big despite me not ever really carrying a ton. Just a bit afraid of it sagging in the middle so will to be extra careful with this purse