Need Help/Advice on my Podium Order!!!

Sus

O.G.
Sep 21, 2006
Yeah, my SA just let me know that he can request a PO for me!!!! I immediately had visions of sugarplums dancing in my head. What color, what leather, what hardware . . . .

And requested a Box 35 cm birkin in . . . .

My SA interrupted me saying that this podium both Box and Chamonix is not available for Birkins. **sigh**

Has anyone else been told this???
What do I choose now??
Help!! I have this great opportunity that I do not want to miss out on!!!

I want:

a stiff leather that is
light and durable;
can clean up well with Spa treatments;
and looks good in a gold tone?

Would you choose Vache Liegee or Chevre??

Yeah, my SA just let me know that he can request a PO for me!!!! I immediately had visions of sugarplums dancing in my head. What color, what leather, what hardware . . . .

And requested a Box 35 cm birkin in . . . .

My SA interrupted me saying that this podium both Box and Chamonix is not available for Birkins. **sigh**

Has anyone else been told this???
What do I choose now??
Help!! I have this great opportunity that I do not want to miss out on!!!

I want:

a stiff leather that is
light and durable;
can clean up well with Spa treatments;
and looks good in a gold tone?

Would you choose Vache Liegee or Chevre??

yes there is very little supply of these materials--they may be saying this just to avoid an almost certain rejection. either of those other leathers would be terrific. i ordered gold in chevre...

Sus, from what I am told...the only way you can get a box birkin is a SO. Can you get an SO? It will take longer of course, but eventually you will get it.

What do you like in VL?
WHat do you like in Chevre?

I will ask - thanks Rose & Kellybag.

I have only accessories in chevre and like it for them v. much. Which (Chevre vs Vache Liegee) is lighterweight, more durable, and better looking in gold?

My SA did say I also could request a PO for a 35cm black Box Kelly.

Sus, I just went through this last week. I sat with my store's manager and we reviewed the choices and what would be likely to be accepted as a PO (I did not broach the SO question, not the right time for me). Box was not looking promising although that is what I desperately want. So I chose raisin togo. I did not look into other leathers...I have needed to get something in togo for a while so I figured this was my chance. I think chevre is probably lighter than VL. VL is pretty stiff. I've seen VL in noisette and it's a lovely (and practical) color...a few shades darker than gold (if you are gold person; I am not).

Does chevre come in gold? I think the closest is caramel, but I might be wrong. I too think gold VL is very nice indeed! I've heard that VL does soften up a little with use. I love chevre but my concern with it is with potential scuffing of corners, particularly if you are going to go for a 35cm Birkin. This is something that has me leaning toward a 30 in chevre or perhaps 35 in VL for myself.

Thanks Pepper, Guccigal, Mrs. Sparkles and Serenity Now.

I will ask about a special order but if not probably go for VL because as mentioned by Serenity Now, Chevre has the potential for scuffed corners in 35cm. That way I have Chevre on the inside with all of my accessories.

And you are right SN, Chevre is not gold but carmel. I've just always wanted a bag in this tone even tho I have a natural bag. For me a black bag and a gold bag are my perfect basics.