Need help/advice on Cartier DIAMANTS LÉGERS necklace

Winque

O.G.
Jan 14, 2008
Hi. Does anyone own the DIAMANTS LÉGERS DE CARTIER NECKLACE, LARGE MODEL, Ref: B7215400? I called Cartier yesterday to find out more info. about the specs, since the website is so vague, and all they could tell me was that the diamond is .21 ct, but they couldn't give me the dimensions, nor the color/clarity of the stone. If you own this version, can you let me know in mm how wide the entire diamond pendant is? Also, is the back of the pendant, where the culet is, open or closed?

I used to think that I would get the Tiffany DBTY pendant, but when I tried it on in the stores, I was underwhelmed. I also didn't like how flimsy the pendant felt (it felt very light, as if there wasn't any weight), and I didn't like how the diamond can flip. I've also read that many TPFers found the culet annoying and that it poked. If you have the Cartier version, did you have the same problems, or do you think that the Cartier version is superior?

Can anyone post modeling shots of you wearing this pendant? Any close-ups on the back of the pendant? I have posted a pic for your reference as well. I want to buy this before the price increase, so any help/advice that you can provide will be greatly appreciated! TIA!!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-03-27 at 6.37.25 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-03-27 at 6.37.25 PM.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 3,858
I've seen this irl, just as flimsy. Diamond won't poke bc the diamond kind of sits on the metal surrounding it, not just goes around it like Tiffany's. The Tiffany dbty looks bigger than the diamond leger, at the same carat weight. That's just my opinion.