Need help accessorizing this red dress for a wedding!

artiksun

Handbag Addict =)
Sep 26, 2006
I'm going to my mom's best friend's daughter's wedding (what a mouthful!) next weekend. I bought this red dress to wear, but I don't know what to wear with it. Should I accessorize with black things, gold things, or another color? Any ideas? Thanks for any advice, girls! :smile:

Attachments

• BR_red_dress.jpg
    BR_red_dress.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 9,121
attachment.php

Okkkaayy, so i'd leave the neck bare since there is quite a bit of detail at the bust and especially at a wedding you want to avoid looking cluttered..

I'd then go for a bold cuff bracelet like this one to add interest (plus, they're very in at the moment and will keep a red dress from looking even the tiniest bit 'Christmas-y'.. which is something i think about this time of year)-

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...1408474399545537&bmUID=1193676502540&ev19=4:4

Earrings i'll leave up to you because i think everyone is super different with their taste.. but i'd just wear something pretty simple that wont detract from the rest of the outfit.

For shoes i'd go with a fairly classic pointed toe heel.. most colours would work, but i'd stay away from black (i think it would weigh down the outfit).

For a bag i'd definitely go for something in a nice 'POP' colour. A deep purple would be fantastic!

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the suggestions so far! I have blonde hair and fair skin so I prefer gold tone jewelry to silver. I'll pair the dress with nude stockings and basic pointy-toe gold pumps. I'll wear gold bangles (or a gold cuff if I can find one I like!) and dangling gold earrings to add interest, but no necklace to avoid over doing it. I have an adorable gold beaded clutch similar to the one in the picture. Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• BR_red_dress.jpg
    BR_red_dress.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,934
  • gold_pumps_for_red_dress.jpeg
    gold_pumps_for_red_dress.jpeg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,729
  • gold_clutch_beaded.jpeg
    gold_clutch_beaded.jpeg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,999
  • gold_bangles.jpeg
    gold_bangles.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,688
  • tear_drop_earrings.jpeg
    tear_drop_earrings.jpeg
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,677
Thanks for the suggestions so far! I have blonde hair and fair skin so I prefer gold tone jewelry to silver. I'll pair the dress with nude stockings and basic pointy-toe gold pumps. I'll wear gold bangles (or a gold cuff if I can find one I like!) and dangling gold earrings to add interest, but no necklace to avoid over doing it. I have an adorable gold beaded clutch similar to the one in the picture. Let me know what you think!

I think the gold accessories will look beautiful with your coloring!

I love everything you posted, except the earrings. I like the idea of dangly gold ones, but to be honest I'm not crazy about that particular pair...

I think the gold accessories will look beautiful with your coloring!

I love everything you posted, except the earrings. I like the idea of dangly gold ones, but to be honest I'm not crazy about that particular pair...

Haha I'm not crazy about that particular pair either! They were the first pair of dangly gold earrings I found while I was searching for a picture to complete my "outfit idea" so in they went. I'll hunt down a pretty pair to wear for the actual wedding! :P

I'll post pictures of the final outfit when I get all dolled up for the wedding! Thanks again!

I like the idea of pairing it with gold! I'd choose simple hoop earrings and a more intricate bracelet as focal point. But that's just me (I'm not a fan of earrings lol).