Need help….6 LV bags or 1 Hermes….is it worth it?

Def. Birkin, if you wanted it for a while. Starter Birkin 35 is going to be around $8500 in Feb., and it only goes up from there. Unless you get super lucky(or buy it from reseller), it'll take a while to get offered a Birkin.....so if I were you, I'd start building a relationship with Hermes SA a.s.a.p.

Thank you...
One of my good friend has a really great SA and I have been to the store with her a few times, her SA is really great. I guess now all I have to do is wait until Dec. and hopefully I get lucky. Thanks again.

Thanks to all for all the responses.
I am leaning towards the Birkin so I will try my best not to fall in love with any new LV releases. DH said I have until the first week of February to decide.

Thanks again!!!

Can you get your Birkin now and then nothing else for the rest of the year?? LOL That way every time you carry your Birkin this year you'll be reminded of your wonderful DH's generosity and the deal you made that you will honor. I think you'll be happier this way --- lol --- I'm all for instant gratification here. Good luck with your decision!!

I first saw the title of the thread and thought you meant that you needed to sell 6 bags for a birkin (in which case I would have said, nooooo, keep the LV bags)...but since you get to keep your LV bags, I would say sure why not get the birkin. Seems the birkin is what you want!

I'd go with the Birkin, but be warned that you will NOT get the Birkin of your size, leather, and color choice from the boutique unless you're a frequent customer- you might get lucky and find one *close* to what you want on the floor or be offered one that's similar, but getting your ideal Birkin is an arduous task unless you go to reseller.

Can you get your Birkin now and then nothing else for the rest of the year?? LOL That way every time you carry your Birkin this year you'll be reminded of your wonderful DH's generosity and the deal you made that you will honor. I think you'll be happier this way --- lol --- I'm all for instant gratification here. Good luck with your decision!!

No I can't, unfortunately DH knows me too well...lol....he knows ( I will not even try to deny it as well) that if i get that now, I will want another bag for the next special occassion...lol...

it depends... i was watching gilmore girls..(dnt laugh) and rory was given a pink birkin and it was soooooo hot.. so which colour coz i agree with fashion mike some colours can make them look a a little nanna-ish.

it depends... i was watching gilmore girls..(dnt laugh) and rory was given a pink birkin and it was soooooo hot.. so which colour coz i agree with fashion mike some colours can make them look a a little nanna-ish.

Haven't really decided on what color ( i have 11 months...lol) and just like what valleyO pointed out, i will not get my ideal birkin at first strike although one good friend who has a great relationship with an SA offered her help. But all in all, I am really looking forward into the shopping experience.