Need help 1st chanel bag

jessluvlv

Apr 18, 2012
Hello ladies my bday coming up in april ( I always plan ahead) I've always wanted a Chanel handbag, but my problems are as follows: deciding between Chanel and LV and price range and color. DH said my budget for a handbag is $2500 and not a penny over, I went overboard last year so I've been baned. I've been eyeing a pink LV but I already have enough so I feel like I should step out to other designers so here I am at Chanel and in desperate need of suggestions on which to choose and I'm open to other colors besides black. Thanks in advance ladies.

What kind of a bag do you "need" or find to be lacking in your collection? Do you like large or small bags, do you have totes or structured bags, do you want something for everyday or for going out? Are you wanting a classic or something more seasonal and fresh? What colors do you have, what colors do you want? :smile: Sorry to answer a question with many questions, but not knowing what you like and have makes it hard to recommend something specific. :smile:

I have all LV from totes to structured to hobo and shoulder and in purple and red. I feel like I "need" any Chanel piece as long as its Chanel, sorry if I'm all over the place, I definitely want something bigger than a clutch not a fan of small handbags

If you really want a classic Chanel bag, the GST is a great tote. It's a tad over your budget ($2900) but it's iconic and would definitely fit in with your wish for a larger bag. There is a GST club thread (http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/the-gst-club-575273-259.html;) why don't you peruse in there a bit and see what you think? :smile: Classic flap bags are over your budget except in very small sizes, so the GST might be a great bag for you. Otherwise, a nice seasonal bag might work for you.

Hi jessluv! I usually see you over at LV. Nice to see you over here too. I think you should stretch and get the GST. If you cannot swing the GST, I would get a clutch with a chain. They look like small versions of the m/l flap, but they only have one thin chain. They are very darling and priced at 2600. I'm attaching a picture of one of mine (this one was from last year 12c). I'm not sure on every color they will have this spring, but they will have at least 2 or 3 I would guess. I'm also attaching my GST, which I love I theory but have never worn (and have had for over a year).

I'm one of those people that does both LV and Chanel. Join me!

Attachments

• image-3953534500.jpg
    image-3953534500.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 745
  • image-89754764.jpg
    image-89754764.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 704
  • image-738046371.jpg
    image-738046371.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 728
luckyseven01 said:
Hi jessluv! I usually see you over at LV. Nice to see you over here too. I think you should stretch and get the GST. If you cannot swing the GST, I would get a clutch with a chain. They look like small versions of the m/l flap, but they only have one thin chain. They are very darling and priced at 2600. I'm attaching a picture of one of mine (this one was from last year 12c). I'm not sure on every color they will have this spring, but they will have at least 2 or 3 I would guess. I'm also attaching my GST, which I love I theory but have never worn (and have had for over a year).

I'm one of those people that does both LV and Chanel. Join me!

Yeah!!!! Nice to see you i think I will joining Chanel I feel like I need at least 1 in my life! Although i dont know how true just having 1 is, I love the look of the GST it's big and it's simple yet classic I want one in color something that pops! I feel like I'm on a slippery slope with LV and Chanel.

Yeah!!!! Nice to see you i think I will joining Chanel I feel like I need at least 1 in my life! Although i dont know how true just having 1 is, I love the look of the GST it's big and it's simple yet classic I want one in color something that pops! I feel like I'm on a slippery slope with LV and Chanel.

Oooooh you sound like you need some RED in your bag life! The GST comes in a gorgeous RED!

Borrowing willeyi's photo of her new RED GST (and shoes) [hopefully that's okay with willeyi...don't let her be mad at me for enabling with her photo]:

Attachments

• 13C red GST willeyi.jpg
    13C red GST willeyi.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 1,287
tutushopper said:
Oooooh you sound like you need some RED in your bag life! The GST comes in a gorgeous RED!

Borrowing willeyi's photo of her new RED GST (and shoes) [hopefully that's okay with willeyi...don't let her be mad at me for enabling with her photo]:

That's beautiful!!!!!!

That's beautiful!!!!!!

:smile: My work here is done. Yes, it is drop dead gorgeous, and one of the very best reds to come out of Chanel is a super long time. This is a seasonal color that will soon be gone; only black and beige are "always" colors. It only comes with silver hardware in this color; the "always" you can get with silver or gold.

tutushopper said:

Tutushopper is the best enabler! I agree with her... Get a red GST if you want a statement bag. She enabled me!

Hello ladies my bday coming up in april ( I always plan ahead) I've always wanted a Chanel handbag, but my problems are as follows: deciding between Chanel and LV and price range and color. DH said my budget for a handbag is $2500 and not a penny over, I went overboard last year so I've been baned. I've been eyeing a pink LV but I already have enough so I feel like I should step out to other designers so here I am at Chanel and in desperate need of suggestions on which to choose and I'm open to other colors besides black. Thanks in advance ladies.
Chanel costs more now unless you find a deal on craiglist or ebay. I just got a new LV mini amour in piment and love the colour http://www.louisvuitton.com/front/#/eng_US/Collections/Women/Mini-Mon-Amour/products/Alma-BB-M40854