Need held deciding what to do?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Last week I posted about getting a pre-owned or waiting for a Galliera PM to get back in stock at LV. I was about to get a pre-owned but lost out (you snooze, you lose!).

Anyway here is my dilemma: I've been lemming a Trevi PM off and on for 2 years now. I even bought it last month and returned it a couple of weeks later. I convinced myself it is too expensive and not casual enough for my everyday needs. So I decide to get the Galliera PM (which I had before, sold it and now want it back. I know I am shameless:nuts:). For a Damier bag, I decided I would get a speedy 30 or Neverfull MM) along with the Galliera.

Now I am again thinking about the Trevi PM and lemming it once again. Of course because I saw someone with it. As much as I try to convince myself it too expensive and too dressy for every. I still end up wanting it.

Because it is so expensive, it would be my one and only LV (for a long time). Should I forget the Galliera AND Speedy or Neverfull OR get the bag (AGAIN) that is haunting me and will take a BIG dent out of my wallet but this time stay commited this time;)

Sorry so long. What do you guys think?

2. I think that if you have a more casual lifestyle, then the Galliera PM and Damier NF MM would make great bags. I may be biased because these are the two bags that I rotate daily. I've owned a Trevi PM and regret selling it. I plan to acquire it again whenever I return to work. It was too dressy for my casual stay-at-home-mom lifestyle. :smile:

3. I think if I had to choose, I'd go Galliera & the Neverfull or Speedy depending if you want shoulder or handbag. Then you get two bags! I've been in the same dilema as you for a few months now off and on with all sorts of bags including the Galliera & Neverfull.

I wound up actually purchasing a Prada Vitello Hobo b/c it's very similar shape as Galliera & less $ new. A brand new Galliera was more than my DH was happy with spending on one bag and I didn't want to worry about the black marks on a used one. I do plan to sell a few Coach bags & acquire a pre-loved Damier Neverfull soon also.

Goodluck!

4. Thanks for your feedback. I am also a stay at home mom. Although, I love the Trevi, I think it is too much for me right now.

5. If these would be your only bags then I would go for 2 bsgs on rotation instead of one. The Trevi may be too heavy for daily use.

6. ^ I agree. I love my Trevi PM but I don't think I could use it as my everyday bag because it can get heavy. I put it in my rotation. I own a Galliera PM and it is a perfect everyday bag. Can't go wrong with a Speedy either! Good luck with your decision.

7. Since you're a SAHM I think two big bags to rotate with is better than just one Trevi.

8. I'm in a similar situation as you. I'm sooooo in love with the Trevi that I can't stop thinking about it. However, I'm also a SAHM and think it's too dressy and expensive for my casual lifestyle. I don't know if I should just bite the bullet or not; I'm moving back to the mainland and lv's are a little "less expensive" here in Hawaii so I'm wondering if I should take advantage of that while I still can. I so feel your pain. Good luck with your decision and let us know what you get.

9. Gal and NF

10. How do you like the look of trevi on you? Sometimes a bag that looks great on someone may not look good on you - it's s bit like fashion apparels. To forgo two bags for one, you'd HAVE to adore the one bag you choose and be really happy to carry it. Personally I'd choose galliera and speedy. But go with what you're most happy with.