Need hair advice *pics*

queennadine

loVe
O.G.
Dec 10, 2008
I want to do something different with my hair color.

Here is what my hair looks like now:

IMG_4393.jpg

IMG_4446.jpg

PhotoApr2592618PM.jpg

PhotoApr1531428PM.jpg

Sorry for the picture overload, lol. I just wanted to show how it looks in different lighting, styles, etc.

Here is what I want it to look like:
wenn_blakeh.jpg

VictoriaSecretLexingtonFlagshipStoreOpeningiVeEExmSxljl.jpg

amanda-seyfried-and-blond-hair-gallery.jpg

DGG-015859.jpg

What I want is just to tone it down, if that makes sense. I want it more like a dirty-blonde, but still somewhat light.

The problem I'm having is that I can't objectively look at my own hair. Is it close to the color(s) I'm wanting? Are they all too different to even be in the same ball-park?

And what could I have done? Would I need low-lights, or to have my entire hair dyed and then add highlights? Or is there a glaze that would bring it down a shade or two?

I'm clueless when it comes to this and I would like some specifics and what to ask for, more than just a few 'inspiration' pictures when I go to the salon, lol.

The hair in the third picture looks pretty similar to your hair. I think the other 3 just have low lights in them. . . BTW you have gorgeous hair, I'm jealous!

You have beautiful healthy looking hair. You might want to research Redken Shades EQ color gloss done as foil color with a few different shades. It is a semi-permanent color so you could test out colors and see if you like it then change over to their permanent colors. I have seen it done on long hair with 3-4 colors and the results are stunning. I know if you go to the Redken website and type in your zip code they will tell you salons in the area who have this color. It is a color gloss color and comes in beautiful shades-lots of pretty blonds and light browns which might be what you are looking for.
Good luck.

Your hair is gorj!
I agree, some subtle lowlights to start. Your's is more of a solid color, some low lights will give it more depth/dimension.

Everyone else is right - your hair is gorgeous!

First of all I'd do it at a hairsalon. And IMO it looks like you'd need lowlights (as said) and the roots dyed darker as well. Then maybe 'highlight' with 1 or 2 warmer blonde colors to get the more 'dirty' and a bit warmer color. But I think with your current color it should be quite easily done, and I wouldn't color it throughly with 1 color first; it's IMO unnecessary and harder for hair if you then have to bleach the strands you want to be highlighted/more light.

Are you willing to let it evolve?
Go in and ask for "partial lowlights" and make sure they're only a couple of blonde shades deeper than your current. Each time you go you can alter it a bit until you get it just right.