Need hair advice *pics*

queennadine

loVe
O.G.
Dec 10, 2008
I want to do something different with my hair color.

Here is what my hair looks like now:

IMG_4393.jpg

IMG_4446.jpg

PhotoApr2592618PM.jpg

PhotoApr1531428PM.jpg

Sorry for the picture overload, lol. I just wanted to show how it looks in different lighting, styles, etc.

Here is what I want it to look like:
wenn_blakeh.jpg

VictoriaSecretLexingtonFlagshipStoreOpeningiVeEExmSxljl.jpg

amanda-seyfried-and-blond-hair-gallery.jpg

DGG-015859.jpg

What I want is just to tone it down, if that makes sense. I want it more like a dirty-blonde, but still somewhat light.

The problem I'm having is that I can't objectively look at my own hair. Is it close to the color(s) I'm wanting? Are they all too different to even be in the same ball-park?

And what could I have done? Would I need low-lights, or to have my entire hair dyed and then add highlights? Or is there a glaze that would bring it down a shade or two?

I'm clueless when it comes to this and I would like some specifics and what to ask for, more than just a few 'inspiration' pictures when I go to the salon, lol.

EllAva

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
Dec 27, 2009
The hair in the third picture looks pretty similar to your hair. I think the other 3 just have low lights in them. . . BTW you have gorgeous hair, I'm jealous!

gillianna

O.G.
Dec 27, 2005
You have beautiful healthy looking hair. You might want to research Redken Shades EQ color gloss done as foil color with a few different shades. It is a semi-permanent color so you could test out colors and see if you like it then change over to their permanent colors. I have seen it done on long hair with 3-4 colors and the results are stunning. I know if you go to the Redken website and type in your zip code they will tell you salons in the area who have this color. It is a color gloss color and comes in beautiful shades-lots of pretty blonds and light browns which might be what you are looking for.
Good luck.

chantel

Nov 13, 2007
Everyone else is right - your hair is gorgeous!

First of all I'd do it at a hairsalon. And IMO it looks like you'd need lowlights (as said) and the roots dyed darker as well. Then maybe 'highlight' with 1 or 2 warmer blonde colors to get the more 'dirty' and a bit warmer color. But I think with your current color it should be quite easily done, and I wouldn't color it throughly with 1 color first; it's IMO unnecessary and harder for hair if you then have to bleach the strands you want to be highlighted/more light.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Are you willing to let it evolve?
Go in and ask for "partial lowlights" and make sure they're only a couple of blonde shades deeper than your current. Each time you go you can alter it a bit until you get it just right.