Need good thoughts everyone...

B. Jara

O.G.
Oct 30, 2005
I am very close to this fire in Southern California. We are out of danger, and most likely will stay that way, but I have several friends in the immediate area that I believe have gotten evacuated. I can see the huge flames across the canyon's from our upstairs windows...scary, scary stuff. :amazed:

Wind is supposed to blow up to 40 MPH tonight...and it's supposed to be in the 80's tomorrow and verrrrry dry. :cry: Please pray (or positive thoughts, glows...whatever you believe in) that no one is hurt and no homes are lost.

Thank you!

Omg Bjara! Are you guys ok over there? I went to visit my friend who lives near Anaheim Hill today and I saw the smoke and the dusty air and everything. Looks quite bad. :cry: I'll be praying for you all!!!

Oh - I was just about to go to bed and this caught my eye :amazed: - my thoughts are definitely with you, your family, and your friends.

I will definitely keep So-Cal in my thoughts and wish you all only the safest possible outcomes, with the least amount of disruption.

Sending good karma your way, that would just freak me out if tongues of fire had suddenly become a part of the landscape.

Thank you, thank you, everyone. It is really weird...I just have this pit in the bottom of my stomach and I feel like I am on the verge of tears...not yet, but I am very emotional right now. This area hasn't burned since 1982....and it's pretty darn dry right now. Thank God they built the toll road that's it's near right now...it is providing a fire break to the homes, and allowing firemen to drive up to the area. Firemen are such blessings and heros. Their command station is at one of the nearby elementary schools that was evacuated...poor kids I can't imagine what is going through their minds right now.

Strangely enough, because of the wind pattern, thank God, we have bypassed the smoke, even though we are sooo close. It appears to be moving south, away from us. I went to Costco today, and the smoke was covering the sun....it seemed like it was really overcast...even though the sun was shining. :sad: It was surreal...there was only about 1/4 of the people there that are usually shopping there on any given day. We sat outside and ate pizza...can't explain it, it was just really weird.

My kids have tons of questions...the biggest one being what if we didn't hear the announcements to evacuate. :cry: Right now it's not even a possibility, but it's fresh in their minds because this is all so new to them.

It's a good lesson to teach about how "things" are not important....but life and health are. All things can be replaced...or the knowledge instilled that we didn't need those items anyway and will live just fine without replacing them.

Just rambling...but it helps to know that you are all out there and I can share with you my thoughts. :smile:

Since it's dark, it's hard to see what's going on right now...it looks calm from my view, but then I watch the news and see it's not. :sad:

I think I am going to go to bed pretty quick here. Sleep is my wonder drug. :biggrin:

aw man, bjara you girls are such sweathearts on this forum and i'm so sorry you and your family have to go through this, i'll be thinking of you.

Bjara! Hang in there! I hope my rant about NO MORE BAGS at least helped you laugh a little... I'll keep you in my thoughts. I think you're in the Anaheim Hills area--at least that's where the fires were that I saw on the news... Try not to get too stressed--not that you can really do that, but you know what I mean, I hope!

wickedassin said:
Bjara! Hang in there! I hope my rant about NO MORE BAGS at least helped you laugh a little... I'll keep you in my thoughts. I think you're in the Anaheim Hills area--at least that's where the fires were that I saw on the news... Try not to get too stressed--not that you can really do that, but you know what I mean, I hope!

Thanks, Fayden and Wickedassin...

This board keeps me thinking positively! :biggrin: