Need Feedback from Apple Green Owners

minkyp90

Bags are my weakness
Oct 15, 2009
Hello! I was looking around and fell in love with the apple green color from 2005. I actually spotted an apple green weekender in excellent condition and was wondering if there are any others out there who owned or is owning one. Would you say it's a good color to take care of or is it not practical for a weekender. I'm scared of light colors and also was wondering exactly how light apple green is. Thanks!! :biggrin:

tillie46

O.G.
Aug 28, 2009
If I found and Apple Green anything, I would snap it up. It's such a beautiful and hard to find color. I have an apple green NG Croc Tote, and it looks great with anything. Go for it!!!! :love: BTW, it's the green purse in my Avatar

Last edited:

bacaster

banana cake monster~
Oct 11, 2009
LOVEEEE LOVEEE apple green!!!!!! I would also buy anything apple green, but weekender, really?? I haven't ever seen one yet!!! LUCKy...but I even have 2 cities in the same color (yeah don't ask...;)) but definitely best color!!

minkyp90

Bags are my weakness
Oct 15, 2009
Oh wow!! Thanks everyone! I'm really considering the weekender more now. Yeah! I luckily spotted one somewhere! ;) You have two cities in apple green? By the way, how dark would you say is apple green? I can't really tell by pics.

bacaster

banana cake monster~
Oct 11, 2009
Oh wow!! Thanks everyone! I'm really considering the weekender more now. Yeah! I luckily spotted one somewhere! ;) You have two cities in apple green? By the way, how dark would you say is apple green? I can't really tell by pics.

yeh VERY LUCKY!!...haha but I have a work myself, so I think that is good for now, I still find the weekender a little big, I used to love big bags, but now they kind of drive me crazy because I put WAY too much things in them...:P

I think the apple green is pretty bright, rich i would definitely comparing to a lot of the new colors. but again, in different lighting, very different so maybe you should ask for pics under different lighting...

minkyp90

Bags are my weakness
Oct 15, 2009
yeh VERY LUCKY!!...haha but I have a work myself, so I think that is good for now, I still find the weekender a little big, I used to love big bags, but now they kind of drive me crazy because I put WAY too much things in them...:P

I think the apple green is pretty bright, rich i would definitely comparing to a lot of the new colors. but again, in different lighting, very different so maybe you should ask for pics under different lighting...

I love the work size! However, I travel a lot and I've been looking around for a bag that would be perfect companion with me. The weekender does seem really big though, doesn't it?
Apple green sounds so luscious! Yes... I did see pics of it in different lighting and the shade seems to change every time. That's why I was sooo confused because I couldn't tell what it would look like IRL. I'm glad it's bright though because I'm needing a bright bag in my collection..

Thank you everyone for the posts!! :balloon:

silverfern

home sweet home
O.G.
Jun 11, 2008
^^ Anything! - black, white, grey, navy, red...

AG is beautiful but I only have it in the MU - I'm not sure I could pull off a larger bag. It's very rich in real life and not so light that you'd have to stress constantly about dirt. HTH!

AG MU.jpg

minkyp90

Bags are my weakness
Oct 15, 2009
^^ Anything! - black, white, grey, navy, red...

AG is beautiful but I only have it in the MU - I'm not sure I could pull off a larger bag. It's very rich in real life and not so light that you'd have to stress constantly about dirt. HTH!

View attachment 933654

Silverfern - Your MU is gorgeous!! AG goes so well with it! :smile: I'm usually scared of light colors and what a relief to hear that it's not too light to stress over!! Thanks for posting your pic!

Moonstarr

O.G.
Jan 4, 2007
I have an AG City and I have to admit I've only taken it out once! :smile: It's my favourite Bal ... the colour is just so gorgeous. I think the leather feels delicate though and I'm afraid of taking it out too much incase anything would happen to it. I noticed just in storing it (I used to stack my bags out of their dustbags) I found a bunch of little scuffs on it. I did protect the handles with LMB For Handles Only which will hopefully prevent any darkening. Right now I look at her mostly like a piece of gorgeous art!

I think if you're careful though and maybe use something on the handles to prevent darkening ... that AG would be a great addition to your collection.

minkyp90

Bags are my weakness
Oct 15, 2009
WoW!! Everyone has been so helpful! I appreciate it!
I am so close to getting the AG Weekender because it seems like it's such a lovely color and more versatile than I thought. I'm hoping to use it for school bags and such so I'm glad that it's not too light that I should be babying it too much. I'm glad to hear the leather is gorgeous as well! I will post pics if I do end up buying it!! THANKS AGAIN! :biggrin:

MarieG

Platinum Member
O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
I have an AG City and love her to bits! AG, along with '05 Turquoise and '05 Magenta, is my favorite Bal color ever!! It's simply stunning!

I do carry AG the least out of the 3 though because I'm really worried about damaging it in any way! But every time I wear it I'm so in love with the color- I can't stop looking at it! An AG Weekender must be delicious! Good luck with your choice!

P.s. I love wearing it with a white tank and jeans as well as with light/soft pink, grey, blue, black etc.- it's very versatile! :yes: