need extra holes/punching extra holes for strap ....

Devonmusic

O.G.
Jul 3, 2008
Hi everyone ! I went to LV on Friday to look at bags ..I loved the pm bloomsbury but at 5 ft the bag seemed to sit a little low for me crossbody.. I suppose I could get used to it but I felt like it would be better with one or two more holes so the strap could be shorter..

has anyone ever added holes to the strap of a bag? also can you recommend someone reputable that would do a nice job in Orange County in case I want to have an extra hole or two ??

would love some info /opinions if other gals on the board have done this ...

thanks !

as weird as this may sound, i used to show horses and add holes to straps for a variety of things all the time. hopefully somebody will have a good recommendation for you on a place to have it done, but it's super easy to do as long as you make sure it is aligned properly with the other holes on leather that isn't coated.

oops. i just noticed that you said bloomsbury. i don't know how well it would work with the coating on the straps on damier. :/

I'm 5ft and have the Odeon Pm. I think it works out ok on the last hole. I'd be hesitant to put more holes in the strap, because then you have all that extra strap hanging out. But if you feel the need, I suppose any good shoe repair place has the hole puncher for leather straps.

hi Devonmusic. i had that similar concern... i have the bloomsbury in GM and i'm 5'1... i called LV about adding holes to the strap and the person told me that LV don't alter their products...

good luck on you decision... :biggrin:

thanks for the responses.. I am nervous to add holes because I wouldn't want to damage the strap ..LV told me the same thing chinbrat .. wish they would add a hole or two I would pay to have it done right ya know but they wont ..the reality is that the more adjustable messenger ones are the ones with the fabric strap like the pochette.. was torn about that one since it is a little less stylish than the bloomsbury ..

I am 5ft and petite / small shoulders so even on the last hole the bags hang a bit low..

I am anxious to hear if any of the other Tpf ers have ever added holes to any bags with success...

Several years ago I asked LV if they would add a hole to shorten the strap of a bag. They said no, they don't alter their merchandise -- also, if I altered the strap in any way, the warranty would be invalid.

has anyone ever added holes to the strap of a bag? also can you recommend someone reputable that would do a nice job in Orange County in case I want to have an extra hole or two ??

Just use a hole-pincer, you can buy them in a hardware store and they're not expensive, they're usually used for leather belts. But leather is leather. So it doesn't matter if it's a strap of a bag or a belt. Thats what i used for my belt to add an extra hole.

It's very easy, so don't worry.

my hubby thinks I should just get the bloomsbury pm and wear it as is a nd not try to alter it .. it just sits so darn low... only other option is one of the pochettes they seem more adjustable but a little less girly looking ya know?

hi Devonmusic. i had that similar concern... i have the bloomsbury in GM and i'm 5'1... i called LV about adding holes to the strap and the person told me that LV don't alter their products...

good luck on you decision... :biggrin:

Isn't the GM too big/ long for you? I'm 5'2 and I have the PM. (Just asking) :smile:

Hi, I'm in OC too and I've used Anthony's Shoe Repair in Newport Beach. They didn't punch an extra hole but they shortened a strap on one of my no-name leather bags once and the work was flawless.