need David Yurman advice

linden

Jul 26, 2006
I recently purchased my first piece of Yurman during the Neiman Marcus gift card event. I received my waverly diamond bracelet and really like it but had one concern. The diamonds against the blue topaz don't shine as much as I would have imagined, given the price of this piece.

Yesterday I happened to come across a brand new Yurman store and went in to take a look. Their jewelry all shined beyond belief. Is this due to the lighting? I explained my problem to the sa and she said she would switch out my bracelet, even though I didn't purchase it there.

Yurman experts what would you advise?

I passed the DY counter in Saks today. Everything shined like mad. Everything. So I say the lighting in the store is designed to enhance the glow.
thanks for your help mydogtink. I thought the same thing and even asked the sa. She said to bring the bracelet in so she could take a look at it.

It is definitely the lighting. It normal light, diamonds in David Yurman pieces don't sparkle much. I don't know how DY sucks the sparkle out of diamonds, but am thinking, like Balenciaga said, that it's the way they're set (little to no light can pass through).