need David Yurman advice

linden

O.G.
Jul 26, 2006
I recently purchased my first piece of Yurman during the Neiman Marcus gift card event. I received my waverly diamond bracelet and really like it but had one concern. The diamonds against the blue topaz don't shine as much as I would have imagined, given the price of this piece.

Yesterday I happened to come across a brand new Yurman store and went in to take a look. Their jewelry all shined beyond belief. Is this due to the lighting? I explained my problem to the sa and she said she would switch out my bracelet, even though I didn't purchase it there.

Yurman experts what would you advise?

MyDogTink

O.G.
Nov 18, 2009
New York
I passed the DY counter in Saks today. Everything shined like mad. Everything. So I say the lighting in the store is designed to enhance the glow.

linden

O.G.
Jul 26, 2006
I passed the DY counter in Saks today. Everything shined like mad. Everything. So I say the lighting in the store is designed to enhance the glow.
thanks for your help mydogtink. I thought the same thing and even asked the sa. She said to bring the bracelet in so she could take a look at it.

May 8, 2006
manhattan
yes its the lighting!

most of diamonds dont let a lot of light in due to the setting so they arent as sparkly out of the case :sad: just make sure to keep it clean to get the max sparkle!

May 8, 2006
manhattan
also, TBH, I am a huge DY fan and continue to buy pieces but my jeweler looked at some of my bracelets and was really disappointed in the stone quality :sad:

Miumiu777

Sep 26, 2012
Does anyone have the chainlink bracelet? Wondering if you all think it's really difficult to put it on and take it off?

labrillant

Sep 11, 2010
It is definitely the lighting. It normal light, diamonds in David Yurman pieces don't sparkle much. I don't know how DY sucks the sparkle out of diamonds, but am thinking, like Balenciaga said, that it's the way they're set (little to no light can pass through).

linden

O.G.
Jul 26, 2006
thanks for your help ladies!

How would my neiman's giftcard be affected if I switch the bracelet out?