Need confirmation.... Confused.

Hi All,

I am curious when a bag is not available in one Dior store, do the SA's order the bags from the Warehouse or another store? I heard 2 different info from SA's I've spoken to and I am just curious which is the correct info. Is there a Dior WH in the US? I thought all bags are shipped from Paris. Thanks in advance.:smile:

Hi All,

I am curious when a bag is not available in one Dior store, do the SA's order the bags from the Warehouse or another store? I heard 2 different info from SA's I've spoken to and I am just curious which is the correct info. Is there a Dior WH in the US? I thought all bags are shipped from Paris. Thanks in advance.:smile:

I dont think there's a warehouse in the US. The bags are shipped from Paris with an allocated amount. The bags are then distributed across the boutiques in the US. Larger boutiques will get the hard-to-get pieces and more stock of the "normal" pieces. If your boutique does not have the piece that you want, your SA can access the inventory, which basically locates the item to a specific store within the US. From there, the SA will have the item transferred his/her boutique for the client to see.

The SA can only see what is available in the US stores. If there are none in stock, that means that the item is completely sold out. The SA cannot order pieces that are located outside of the US. Paris does not allow international sales.

I dont think there's a warehouse in the US. The bags are shipped from Paris with an allocated amount. The bags are then distributed across the boutiques in the US. Larger boutiques will get the hard-to-get pieces and more stock of the "normal" pieces. If your boutique does not have the piece that you want, your SA can access the inventory, which basically locates the item to a specific store within the US. From there, the SA will have the item transferred his/her boutique for the client to see.

The SA can only see what is available in the US stores. If there are none in stock, that means that the item is completely sold out. The SA cannot order pieces that are located outside of the US. Paris does not allow international sales.

Thanks so much for the clarification. I appreciate the info. I've had two SA told me that they will order the bag from a warehouse and one who said that it will come from Paris. I suspect they did not want to tell me that it'll be coming from another store. It is understandable because they want the sale but I would rather get the accurate information.

Thanks so much for the clarification. I appreciate the info. I've had two SA told me that they will order the bag from a warehouse and one who said that it will come from Paris. I suspect they did not want to tell me that it'll be coming from another store. It is understandable because they want the sale but I would rather get the accurate information.

Not sure why they would tell you that. It is completely inaccurate! I've worked with SAs from San Francisco, DC to NY, every time an item is not in stock in the store, the SA always tells me that he/she is going to have the item "transferred" into the boutique.

I know Dior SAs work on commission, but a transfer does not affect it. Sometimes items get transferred in but the client decides against it. In that case, the SA has to send the item back to the original store. But if the client buys the item, the SA who sold the item gets to keep the full commission. The store that supplies the item does not get any of the commission. Are there many Dior stores in your area? If there are 2-3 within a certain vicinity (like in NYC) I can see why they would tell you that it's coming from a warehouse or something else instead of a nearby store to prevent giving that commission to someone else. But in most cases, there aren't many Dior stores in general (outside of Las Vegas and NYC), so the SA should have provided you with the correct information.

Not sure why they would tell you that. It is completely inaccurate! I've worked with SAs from San Francisco, DC to NY, every time an item is not in stock in the store, the SA always tells me that he/she is going to have the item "transferred" into the boutique.

I know Dior SAs work on commission, but a transfer does not affect it. Sometimes items get transferred in but the client decides against it. In that case, the SA has to send the item back to the original store. But if the client buys the item, the SA who sold the item gets to keep the full commission. The store that supplies the item does not get any of the commission. Are there many Dior stores in your area? If there are 2-3 within a certain vicinity (like in NYC) I can see why they would tell you that it's coming from a warehouse or something else instead of a nearby store to prevent giving that commission to someone else. But in most cases, there aren't many Dior stores in general (outside of Las Vegas and NYC), so the SA should have provided you with the correct information.

I got the info from SAs in LV and NY when I was looking for a particular bag.

When I was shopping in Hawaii they said the same thing, that they had to pick up a bag from their warehouse. But I'm not sure if they actually have a warehouse where they store more bags or if they were just picking it up from another boutique. I didn't ask...

When I was shopping in Hawaii they said the same thing, that they had to pick up a bag from their warehouse. But I'm not sure if they actually have a warehouse where they store more bags or if they were just picking it up from another boutique. I didn't ask...

The same happened when I was in hong kong! I suspect they were going to pick it up from another store, unless they had an off-site storage unit they where hey housed back-stock (which would be, in theory, a mini warehouse....?! Lol)

I got the info from SAs in LV and NY when I was looking for a particular bag.

Ok, I can see why the SA told you it was coming from a "warehouse". He/she probably didn't want you to call the nearby stores to check and order from someone else. It's quite unprofessional in my opinion to tell a client such lie.