Need chain for diamond locket

BAGWANNABE

O.G.
Jan 18, 2011
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409185400.681194.jpg

My husband gave me this beautiful locket 10 years ago. The pic doesn't do it justice. It sparkles like crazy! I keep my favorite picture of my kids in it. I currently wear it on an 18 inch chain. I think I'd like to get a 24 inch chain too.

1- what types of chains are in style? Box? Cable? Wheat? Snake?

2- where is a good place to buy a quality chain without breaking the bank?

Any and all opinions welcome!!!

It looks like a substantial piece, I would go for wheat. They are so sturdy. I am sorry I don't have any suggestions. I have a wheat chain, but it chose and ordered from a book a local jeweler uses.

I think a box chain would look great! It would give it an antique look

Thank you for your reply!

I just received a 24 inch yellow gold box chain from a relative and I love it. I've been wearing it all the time - even with tshirts. That's what gave me the idea to wear the locket longer. I think I'll wear it more.

I love how that looks! I have a super thin wheat chain but it doesn't show the wheat detail like yours. So pretty.

The jeweler sort of talked me into it. I originally wanted a snake. But I hear it pulls on the hair too much. Your pendant will look great with either choice though. Please post a pic when you decide. :smile:

I almost always choose wheat chains for their strength. I've had toddlers pull on them and demented cats hang off them and never had one snap. I love box chains for their shine and smoothness but they always seem to break at the solder next to the clasp for me.

Maybe. I think you have to try silver. What about David Yurman's silver or tiffany? If you do silver, try for an antiqued look or open link. By the way, your locket is beautiful.

Thank you! I should post another pic of the locket. It's really beautiful and sparkly. Its one of my favorite pieces.

I'm going to try some silver. It would be more affordable and then I could decide if it's the length I want, etc.