Need Authorization To Sell Chanel On Ebay?? Since When?? Need help!

PurseCrazyGal

Miss_Marlena
O.G.
Jan 9, 2008
A friend of mine listed one of my Chanels the other day. After 20+ hrs. listed ebay pulled the listing. :cursing: Ebay said he had no authorization to sell Chanel on ebay. They told him about a website to go to and get the okay to sell. It is: [email protected]. This does not work for some reason.
Does anyone know another way? Or another site? Can anyone help? TIA:flowers:

Because it is an e-mail address, NOT a website URL.

Anytime there is an "@" symbol before the website, it's an e-mail address. Which tells me that they are now requiring anybody to get permission from this particular e-mail address before they're allowed to sell CHANEL. Sux!!!!

This sounds weird and unethical. The deal is you are only allowed to sell a certain amount of designer bags each month. For instance, I used to sell 5 Chanels at a time and I am currently limited to selling 1 every thirty days.

If it were me I would contact eBay and not this other address.

This sounds weird and unethical. The deal is you are only allowed to sell a certain amount of designer bags each month. For instance, I used to sell 5 Chanels at a time and I am currently limited to selling 1 every thirty days.

If it were me I would contact eBay and not this other address.
Hi zuzu. :smile: We did contact ebay. They were the ones that told him he couldn't sell Chanel anymore until he registered at the website. Neither one of us can get to the website. Tried his & my computer. No luck. The weird thing is he has sold a couple of my Chanels in the past with no glitches. None recently though. :weird:

I listed of my Chanels yesterday - 1 relatively new and 1 vintage. I had no problems and haven't yet rec'd any notices from ebay about needing to register.

I don't see why I should need Chanel's permission to sell my items as long as I'm not infringing on its trademark. This is interesting. I hope it works out for your friend!

I've never heard of anyone having to be authorized to sell Chanel! Yet another totally confusing edict from *Bay. Your email address for Chanel is similar to the one I have: [email protected]. The attorney in charge of eBay removals is David Kaplan. Good luck with this, and keep us updated! :tup:

Ebay is getting to full of itself if you ask me, I have been trying selling other places due to this, and I have 150+ postive, no negtive, or netural. I sell Coach, but they are starting to limit them also, and Juicy Couture. I think it is getting to be anything designer!!!

I think it may be legit. In Googling "kmwlaw" I saw the intellectual property website, but then I also turned up a complaint from a DVD seller that VERO had busted him via kmwlaw. So I Googled "kmwlaw" and "VERO" together, and my conclusion is that eBay handles VERO through a contract with this law firm. So, it may handle VERO complaints in different categories, not only handbags.

Whew, that was hard to express, but it's searchable anyway. Hence I think it's real, and VERO kind of contact from eBay.