Should I get it?

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 94.4%

• Total voters

Mairaculi

Sep 9, 2020
I've been eyeing the Chanel Reissue for some time now. I really love the unique chain strap. But I can't justify the price tag & I'm not yet sure if classic Chanel is really my style. Now I've come across a beaten preowned Phone Holder / Phone Clutch, which features the strap, and I'm thinking about making an offer. Since I'm a Chanel newbie I thought I'd share my thought process, maybe you can give me some advice?

Pros:
- reasonable ask price for the condition, as far as I can tell, I don't know what the retail value is, I couldn't find it on the Chanel website
- if the bag cannot be rescued I can still salvage the strap - which is in good condition - maybe use it for other bags
- I can try out if a small 2.55 would work for me, without a big commitment
- should fit my essentials, so it's practical at least

Cons:
- faded color, needs to be dyed, but it is a risk of course. The bag must've seen very heavy use to look like that, but apparently no major defects to the integrity of the leather beyond that (I'd only wear it casually so I don't mind the slouchyness & it looking worn)
- missing hologram sticker, seller says it got lost, not sure what I should make of this, is that likely? It looks genuine to me from all the pictures. Still, some sites advise to never get a Chanel bag that doesn't have the serial number sticker.

Please let me know your thoughts? Do you have experience with fading colors or hologram stickers coming off? And if you don't advise against it: Whatwould you say is a good price to pay for this bag?
IMG_20201123_175710.png

How much are you planning to pay for this? I have no clue frankly what is a good price for this. Imo it looks a little too beaten up but depends how much it will be/ whether its worth it just to try the style out for yourself!
As for authenticity - maybe the authenticity thread will be more helpful?

Reactions: Mairaculi
How much are you planning to pay for this? I have no clue frankly what is a good price for this. Imo it looks a little too beaten up but depends how much it will be/ whether its worth it just to try the style out for yourself!
As for authenticity - maybe the authenticity thread will be more helpful?
Maybe 300 euros? That's what I think I might be willing to pay, if the bag is trash and I just use the strap for something else. The seller asks for more but the bag's been listed for some time and not sold yet so maybe I can get a discount.
I thought about the authenticity thread but I'm pretty sure the listing does not meet the requirements & I want to make up my mind before I bother the seller with questions and requests for more / better pictures.

I would not go for it. Even 300eur is a lot just for a strap or a bag that doesn't really meet your requirements (you want a larger size if I read correctly). I doubt it will really help with your decision. Better to look for preloved pieces in the specs you want.

That being said, I did buy a preloved classic flap m/l with a torn off holo sticker as it was a good price and I wanted the bag for some time. I had it authenticated in the Chanel authentication thread.

I would not go for it. Even 300eur is a lot just for a strap or a bag that doesn't really meet your requirements (you want a larger size if I read correctly). I doubt it will really help with your decision. Better to look for preloved pieces in the specs you want.

That being said, I did buy a preloved classic flap m/l with a torn off holo sticker as it was a good price and I wanted the bag for some time. I had it authenticated in the Chanel authentication thread.
Thanks for your insight!

And it's not really that the size is too small, but this kind of vertical bag would be a new thing for me, and I'm not really sure it's for me. I could end up loving it, but it's not guaranteed.

I'm sure it can be dyed a darker colour (but don't quote me on that, never tried). But as you said, you don't know if a vertical bag is really yours. I know that I only like east-west styles, maybe that's why I'm so averse to it. Or my experience with buying substitutes for what you really want (doesn't work out...).

Reactions: Mairaculi
Thanks everyone for your opinion! It was a very clear result, you unanimously advise against buying it. I did not think it'd turn out like that. But it really helped, sometimes a reminder that we shouldn't settle for less is really necessary. And I'm happy with my decision. I will put the money towards a bag that I really, really want.

Reactions: CrackBerryCream