Need advise on a new LV

mar1an1

Jul 9, 2008
I walked in to an LV store at the Riverside mall in NJ yesterday and 5 minutes later, I walked out with a Rodeo in Amarante. It was an impulse buy and now I'm thinking that probably I should have gotten the EPI Alma in Black or the Melrose (I don't think they have it in Amarante, else I would have bought it on the spot).

This is my first LV purchase and I was in and out within 5 minutes because the store manager was such a sweetheart. I'm now contemplating whether I should exchange it for a different bag, especially now that I see so many fakes Rodeo that looks just like mine.

Any suggestion on another LV for around the same price is greatly appreciated.

I think the Rodeo in Amarante is quite cute, but I think you should always be happy with your purchase! If you're not happy with it now, I don't think you will be happy later either..

I think you should go for the Alma, if you really want it, I love the Alma! I feel for you, because I really know how hard it can be not to buy when the SA is such a sweetheart! But you should always be happy with your purchase.

From all three choices: EPI Alma in Black, Rodeo in Amarante and Melrose in Amarante, I prefer the Black Epi alma myself. It's a worry free and classy and black is so easy..it goes well with everything. But u sound like u r in LVoe with Melrose in Amarante. U should go back to that nice store mng and tell him/her to help find u one. U should get wat u rly luv ;)

i would def return it and take your time looking at the bags you are considering...put your stuff in them, carry them around the store....that way you can be sure you are getting exactly what you want! good luck!

Many thanks for everybody's replies!!! :biggrin:
I've been thinking about it these past few days and I'll go and get the EPI Alma in black. It's really worry free and it will match with almost everything :smile:

The SM who helped me told me that the Melrose doesn't come in Amarante, yet *gasp* I saw the pics all over the internet. I would have bought the Melrose in Amarante right on the spot otherwise or ask if there are any stores that carried it. But the way the SA said it, it made it sound to final thus I didn't inquire further. Does anybody know for sure that Melrose comes in Amarante? Does anybody have it?

Honestly, I don't know what's gotten into me. I don't normally wonder to store and spend thousand of dollars within few minutes. I guess it's been bottling up inside heheheeh..... I jokingly told the SA that I was trying to fill a void in my life and he politely asked whether that was for day or evening. LOL how cute....

BTW, I tried the Amarante Alma. Even the MM size looks so gigantic on me. Though it's gorgeous, I can't imagine lugging that bag all over the place even if it's half empty. I can actually put my son into that bag and carry him in it :smile:

The SA probably wanted you to buy the items they had in stock, so that is probably where the misinformation came in. :s

I'd get the Melrose in the Amarante - it's stunning ! You can find the Epi Alma online for cheaper. ;)

Ayla, good point. thanks...

The only thing is that I really don't know how to distinguish the real one from the fake one. I can on ebay, check the seller's record and buy it only from a reputable ebay seller. But what guarantee do I have to ensure that this person only sells authentic LV bags? I asked the SM if it was possible for him to help me authenticate LV bags. And he said that the stores don't do such thing. However, he can let me see the bags that they have in store and compare the two myself. Sounds too risky, especially if I have to rely on my own judgement and eyes. Those fakes can look real....

Are there any ebay sellers or online sites that you know that sell authentic (preferably new) LV for less?