Need Advice...

blakeblonde

Dec 29, 2012
Hi Ladies,

I just got a sand colored Nightingale for Christmas from my hubby. I love it and want to carry it but is it too soon to break out the light colored bags? I always carry black bags in the winter. :cool:

i tend to carry darker bags in the winter too, but it's dirty in nyc, so i'm just being practical. if you arent comfy, then wait until spring...in the meantime, how about a peek at the bag?

It is very hard to capture the color on camera. It looks like the sand color to me. After seeing it on Twitter, and then a little research, it was on HG bags ....I love it so much!

Bag.jpg

I think you can wear light color bags in the winter- I sure do! I tend to wear darker color clothes during the winter so a light color bag adds some nice contrast!

It is very hard to capture the color on camera. It looks like the sand color to me. After seeing it on Twitter, and then a little research, it was on HG bags ....I love it so much!

Very beautiful bag!
Congrats on your purchase!
I have a Minelli beige bag which I sometimes carry in winter.
It's not an expensive one, so I am not too scared of colour transfer.
It's true that in winter we generally wear black brown or navy coats and the dark colour can transfer onto the bag....

Oh My! I hadn't thought about color transfer. :sad: I see Kate Beckinsale running around with this color bag while wearing all black. LOL! What fabrics should I be considered about ruining the bag? Denim?

justjared.com/photo-gallery/2576776/kate-beckinsale-chili-cookoff-04/fullsize/

Last edited:

Bag.jpg

omg, this is such a pretty bag. i'm usually afraid of light colored bags, but this one takes the cake in terms of prettiness.

i would definitely pre-treat it with some kind of stain/scotch guard to avoid color transfer and water spots.

if you live in warm weather like kate beckinsale, i'd say go ahead! i'm just thinking more messy winter cities like ny, which would make me shudder if i bring out a light colored bag.

Thanks for the tip! Kate doesn't look like she is careful or gentle with her's at all! LOL! It looks a bit beat up. I love how smooshy and worn her's looks. I hope mine will look like that after using it a while. I was worried that the studs would keep it from "smooshing". We'll see I guess.

justjared.com/photo-gallery/2585654/kate-beckinsale-contraband-trailer-01/fullsize/

Thanks for the tip! Kate doesn't look like she is careful or gentle with her's at all! LOL! It looks a bit beat up. I love how smooshy and worn her's looks. I hope mine will look like that after using it a while. I was worried that the studs would keep it from "smooshing". We'll see I guess.

justjared.com/photo-gallery/2585654/kate-beckinsale-contraband-trailer-01/fullsize/

Nope, nightingales are great smooshy bags, which get smooshier with use, even if it is studded! kate is a big fan of g bags...i've seen her in several diff pandas and gales. she's a great model for how you can be casual and stylish at the same time with givenchy bags.

kate-beckinsale-contraband-trailer-01.jpg
kate-beckinsale-chili-cookoff-04.jpg

Great photos of Kate!
Is Kate's bag "sand"? I want my bag to look like that so badly!
The studs make it stand up and out on the sides a bit more then any I have seen or maybe it's just cause it is new. I hope your right and the studs don't stop the smoosh. LOL! Any "smooshing" tips?

MyBag.jpg

Great photos of Kate!
Is Kate's bag "sand"? I want my bag to look like that so badly!
The studs make it stand up and out on the sides a bit more then any I have seen or maybe it's just cause it is new. I hope your right and the studs don't stop the smoosh. LOL! Any "smooshing" tips?

For quicker smoosh, try lexol conditioner for delicate leathers. It may darken such a light colored bag, so be prepared to test it out. And sometimes, its not such a bad thing to get it a shade darker so dirt and whatnot dont show so easily.