Need Advice...

Aluxe

The Gimme-Queen
O.G.
Nov 29, 2010
DCA via the DMV via NGA
Congrats! I personally wear light colored bags in the winter. In fact, I am currently carrying a pink/fuchsia fendilicious woc. It acts as a great contrast to the dark grays, blacks, blues and browns I wear. Matter of fact, I have carried a white Burberry buckleigh in the middle of winter - white bans be damned :P

I would definitely follow randr's advice on pre treating your bag so as to prevent color transfer.

We spend too much money not to enjoy our pieces when we d@mn well please, I say :smile: enjoy your newest bag in good health.

gchandler5

O.G.
Jun 22, 2008
It is a beautiful bag and you could carry that all year long. It is season-less in my opinion! Imagine it paired with an all winter white outfit (gorgeous!). Enjoy your bag!

blakeblonde

Dec 29, 2012
Thank you all! I am waiting for the pre treating to arrive in the mail that randr recommended and then I will take her out for a spin. :P

randr21

in the untamed rabbit hole
O.G.
May 25, 2006
New York City
Thank you all! I am waiting for the pre treating to arrive in the mail that randr recommended and then I will take her out for a spin. :P
be careful to note that the lexol product (non-darkening) you purchased is more to make it smooshy, not necessarily guard against water spots or spaghetti sauce, e.g. that may require something else. if the smoosh factor is your first concern, then by all means condition it. once you are satisfied with that, and you think you might need the water repellent sprays (if you live in a rainy city, e.g.) then apply that as a second layer afterwards...spaced a week or more apart.

blakeblonde

Dec 29, 2012
Got it! Lexol for smoosh, then protect. :smile: What water repellent spray do you use?

be careful to note that the lexol product (non-darkening) you purchased is more to make it smooshy, not necessarily guard against water spots or spaghetti sauce, e.g. that may require something else. if the smoosh factor is your first concern, then by all means condition it. once you are satisfied with that, and you think you might need the water repellent sprays (if you live in a rainy city, e.g.) then apply that as a second layer afterwards...spaced a week or more apart.

randr21

in the untamed rabbit hole
O.G.
May 25, 2006
New York City
Got it! Lexol for smoosh, then protect. :smile: What water repellent spray do you use?
i dont have as light colored bag as yours so i dont really protect against water, not do i do it for my darker colored bags. i'd suggest searching through the entire tpf for water repellent or scotch guard in the other designer forums..or maybe, someone here can suggest.