Need advice

floriade

Feb 22, 2009
Hi Ladies,

I need an advice, bought this bag that is described as mint but when I received it, it has some scratches that was not described and quite dirty, not mint IMO
I found the original listing off eBay but didn't go via eBay (since seller is new and has 30 days restriction)
Seller sent me a paypal invoice and I paid via paypal
What irritate me is I told seller the problem In a nicest way someone possibly can but she was very rude in responding, sounds like someone that has no manner! Didn't said sorry at all and instead saying that she regrets selling the bag to me (what?!!!)
I purchased the bag for $900 assuming that It will come in a condition she described
She mentioned that she doesn't accept refund (she stated this on her paypal invoice)
I said to seller that I will be happy if she covers my cost of sending the bag for cleaning (which won't be more than $50) and that won't remove the fact that the bag has scratches that are permanent - I thought I'm being very understanding already
She refused even to cover for cleaning fee and asked me to open a paypal case if i'm not happy
I know that bag condition is a subjective matter therefore if the seller responded nicely and apologies I will most likely not worry about it too much and leave it as it is but this seller is really rude and making me really upset
I'm not really keen on opening a paypal case since i opened a case in the past and paypal sided with seller and their reason was the bag is usable (not having the handle broken or something) - this was when I paid using paypal balance and can't do chargeback
This time bag is usable but not mint as described and I paid using my credit card via paypal (I learned from my mistake!)
What is the right thing to do here??
TIA:smile:

limom said:
It is clearly a SNAD. Open a case, she is mostly counting on you backing down.
How much of a discount did you get?
You mentioned the bag cost you $900, how much would it be retail?

It's $1,495 retail
I opened a SNAD In the past once and paypal sided with seller (probably because I paid using my paypal balance and not credit card)
Paypal reason at that time was bag is usable and defects I described was only cosmetic
Do you think I have more chance to win this time since seller listed the bag as mint but in fact it isn't?

would open a SNAD and if your seller continues to give you a hard time,

contact your cc and file a dispute ...if you will not use or enjoy this bag &

$900 is a large sum to pay for a bag that is listed in mint & is not...and do

mention when you file your SNAD that these are not "cosmetic or suface"

defects/scratches...if she is not willing to cooperate, do what you neeed to do

for yourself... she misrepresented the item & now you have to take matters

unfortunately in your own hands...

It depends. Mint can be open to interpretation. I misunderstood and thought it was New without tag.
It can't hurt to try filing the snad.
the $50 discount sounds steep, imo. Did you get an estimate?
Are you happy with the bag? Can you picture yourself using it?

limom said:
It depends. Mint can be open to interpretation. I misunderstood and thought it was New without tag.

The place where i normally taking my designer bags for cleaning (I'm in Australia) is called my bag spa and that was the quote I got from them. They charged me $80 once to clean my Chanel maxi, they are expensive but very good with designer items
I actually like the bag but very upset with the way seller reacted

The place where i normally taking my designer bags for cleaning (I'm in Australia) is called my bag spa and that was the quote I got from them. They charged me $80 once to clean my Chanel maxi, they are expensive but very good with designer items
I actually like the bag but very upset with the way seller reacted

Hey, if that's the price. So be it. The seller sounds unreasonable. What a cow!
Would it be a drag to return or is it local?
The seller might offer you a discount after you file the snad.
You mentioned that she was a new seller, she might be feeling her way around. However, it should not be at your expenses.

The word "mint" is not open to interpretation. It's use as an adjective (of an object) means "in pristine condition; as new." No flaws.

It sounds like you want to keep the bag, so if you filed a SNAD, you would lose out on what is otherwise a fab bag. But yes, paying that extra money for cleaning would sting quite a bit.

Although I've never had to do it, I think I would leave a negative with comments about the condition of the bag, but this is only if I really wanted to keep the bag and the seller was completely uncooperative. That's my .02.

It sounds like you want to keep the bag, so if you filed a SNAD, you would lose out on what is otherwise a fab bag. But yes, paying that extra money for cleaning would sting quite a bit.

Although I've never had to do it, I think I would leave a negative with comments about the condition of the bag, but this is only if I really wanted to keep the bag and the seller was completely uncooperative. That's my .02.
She can't leave a neg, she bought it through a PP invoice.

i have seen bags listed as mint that looked old and used...Im like WTF? so some people use mint when they mean no damage i guess which is not correct at all..i never used the word mint in my descriptions. even if the bag is like new mint is a loaded word to me. if one tiny scratch is found its not mint.