Need advice

1. Hello girls. I haven't been on here for a long time! Been so busy. But anyway, I just got back from a visiting family and my little cousin in saw my black Balenciaga First and loved it. She wants one too but she's only 15 years old. Should I get her a real one or should I just buy a fake for now and pray that she can't tell the difference then buy her a real one later when she gets older?

2. I wouldn't suggest a fake, but I do know that Besso makes a designer inspired version that is real leather and only about $125. I actually bought one for my niece and she loves it.

3. OH I miss you Kat!!!! where have you been hiding all these times...LOL

anyhow, hmmm maybe try to buy her something similar you know? but not a fake one....( ^^ oppssss same thought as above, LOL)

4. she has good taste for a fifteen year old...when i was fifteen everything i wanted was pink, purple, and shiny...lol.

5. i know right! i think she is more in love with softness of the leather and the simple design. she doesn't know anything about name brands yet! thank goodness!

nhelle - it's been a long time right? been staying away for awhile since I can't eye anymore b-bags for one year!!! but i love my birkin! get one nhelle....i know you of all people will appreciate it :yes: :heart:

6. Hi sweetsparkle!! Long time no hear!!! We miss you here:smile: Hope you've been having fun.....if your cousin is responsible and won't let it get out of control, it might be the treasured bag of her childhood.....she's so young though it's a tough call...nice to hear from you!

7. I agree that she's too young for a $1000 bag, but it's also probably not good socialization to buy her a fake. I also vote for a designer-inspired bag that doesn't pretend to be what it's not. It will teach her better values IMO.

8. honey i already have a black birkin, tee hee hee....I sold my thalassa blue box birkin not long ago to a lovely lady from PF too:love:

I miss you girl!!!!!

9. thanks ladies for your advice. i'll probably end up getting her a real black first from this season. but she better treasure it with her life! hehe.

varsha - sorry i've been away.....miss you too! how's the bag? ;) wink wink :graucho: hehe. :heart:

amour - miss you too! btw, like the gaucho bag? thinking of getting one....

11. omg varsha! i love my birkin. my husband got me a 30 white birkin but he made me swear off buying bags for a year! hehe. but thank goodness my sister wants to buy me a bag for my wedding so i was thinking a fun bag...like the gaucho? but i'm not too sure. but i will definitely post pics of my birkin in the hermes section. any new bags you purchased lately?

12. Wow...sounds HOT!!! Don't thinkI've ever seen a white birkin....bet it's stunning! I got an off white old style balanciaga messenger last week so I'm really into white bags...can't wait to see your pics...sounds awesome! congrats!!!!

13. don't indulge her in this age :P ... she'll be crazier than us girls later in her 20s or 30s
    try to buy almost the same style or same leather feeling? and also tell her that it's not a cheap bag & teach her the value of it, so she'll appreciate one later.

14. Hmmm...tough call. I definitely wouldn't give a 15 year old a $1000 bag...maybe you can buy one off eBay or maybe give it to her for her 18th birthday/high school graduation present? Or even make her "work" for the bag...getting good grades in school/doing chores...something where she actually contributes towards the purchase of the bag instead of it being a gift "just because".

15. Honey where have you been hiding all these times...?
    We miss you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice