Need advice

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I have a big problem that I can solve. So I've always wanted a Balenciaga because of the design and how the leather is supposed to be buttery. So I bought a pewter first thinking that it's a good color to go with stuff and the right size. But now I'm unsure about it... Well I have been for a while. The leather isn't as wonderful as I expected, and I thought it was just me. But I went to two consignment store in the past week and looked at old leather bags and the leather was soft as... Well it was really soft.
    Do you think I should sell my pewter so that I could get another one that has softer leather? I kind of want to keep the pewter because I know my bf likes it a lot and it reminds me of him... But I think I'm not getting enough usage out of the bag because it's not as "saggy" as I thought it would be. What do you think?

2. Sweets.. i think you have to give it some time.. especially if it's still new.. you have to "weigh" it down a little.. bring it out on walks often. and it will squooosh up.. promise!
    i havea pewter weekender that is like a huge pillow for me now.. started off rather stiff.. =)

good luck!

3. Also, the metallics are a different kind of leather than the other b bags - lamb, as opposed to goat. i had both an 04 and 05 pewter, and though they soften up, i wouldn't say they ever get smooshy.

4. I just bought an 06 Origan City, and have noticed that even after just a couple of weeks the leather is getting softer. I'm carrying the bag as much as possible to hasten the process. But I'd also agree that metallic leathers in general are a bit less soft than non-metallics. I think it's just the nature of the beast.

5. The thing with the metallics is that they have some sort of coating on top that makes them feel a little 'plasticky'... they will soften up with use definitely, but the feeling will always be different to the regular leather. Pewter first is a great bag tho... why not keep it and get another non-metallic one :amuse:

6. Keep the Pewter First--it's a gorgeous bag!!! I agree with everyone; the leather will soften up as you use it more. I like the pewter in the style you got it in best! :smile:

7. i agree- give it a month or so... not a month in the dustbag either. use it! it will soften up and take on its own personality before long ;)

8. you HAVE to keep the pewter first. i would die for that bag; i've been looking for it and keep missing it. argh!! :smash:

the metallics definitely feel different from the non-metallics bc of that coating that is needed to make the bag shiny.

9. Thanks for all the advice. I hope my bag does soften... I should start saving up so that I could get a non-metalic bbag... Oh you guys are so bad...

10. Do you guys think if I use leather conditioner it'll make the bag softer?

11. hmmmmmmmmm, i'm not sure if it's safe to use the AG conditioner on a metallic :wondering ...but let's wait for the experts to weigh in!!!

12. I agree.....I think you should wait to hear what others have to say...dont want to ruin a gorgeous bag....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice