Need Advice: WTM Midi or Hug Me for Petites?

I copied Contessa's response from the other thead for easier reference:

Yes....I have been using the shoulder strap (which is detachable btw) on the WTM and the nice thing about it is that it's padded, so it's very comfy.

I also carry the WTM by the shorter handles when I feel like I need to switch and the bag looks great! It doesn't look like a tote whatsoever...probably b/c of the artistic manner in which this bag is designed...it has a cool look to it and the sleekness of this bag is AMAZING!!! That's probably one of the nicest features on this bag. I went downtown today and took the subway (yuck!) and didn't have to worry about my bag being tossed around by people brushing by me....I :heart: that!

Now, compared the the LM style, it's probably easier to access the LM b/c it's a different design and has a wider bottom. But I don't have trouble accessing what I need in the WTM. It's a bit deeper height-wise.....so it's longer as opposed to wider if you kwim.....and it's still wonderfully organized on the inside.

The WTM looks London-chic.....definitely not a bag design you see just anywhere. I can see this being a hit in France, Italy, and Europe. They've got really great style sense.....and generally ahead fashion-wise by at least 5 years!!!

I hear Kylie Minogue ordered this bag in the Mottled Gold (larger size) and she's very petite.....but I can see why she fell in love with it.

Great advice Contessa! See, I knew I would get good feedback from all you ladies -- thank you for chiming in! I'm packing up the Hug Me & sending it back tomorrow for a WTM Midi choc crash. Savvy23, you'd better not take the last one!

So now the next question, since I've never done this: Which shipping company (UPS, USPS, DHL, Fedex??) is the most economical & reliable? Do I need to do anything special to avoid customs fees on the return? Is insurance necessary?

The plum crash looks gorgeous with pretty much anything....except pumpkin, red, and maybe yellow???

Anyways, it went perfect with a pair of skinny black pants, sage tank and top I had on the other day. The sage and plum looked really good together!

It's not polyvore, but my feeble attempt to find stuff in my closet to go with the purple crash. It's a bit tricky, I found -- no go with summer brights like corals, oranges & bright blues like turquoise. But gorgeous with jeans, grays, black, olive, all shades of purple, berry and deep blues, even teal.

It's not hard to match things with it, but for me, the plum metallic felt too conspicuous, so I decided to get a choc crash instead.

Attachments

• HM dress_60%.JPG
    HM dress_60%.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 72
  • HM jeans_60%.JPG
    HM jeans_60%.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 60
  • HM Jacket arm_60%.JPG
    HM Jacket arm_60%.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 67
Hi ckayakrx2. Sounds like you have made decision. I will try and post some modelling pictures later. I am considering buying a weekender at the moment and the choc is out of stock. Does anyone have any comments on the w/ender in petrol or black glossy?

Hi there. This is my first BE bag, it is the WTM Midi in Black Glossy. So classic chic and easy!

I am 5ft 3 and the midi is perfect for me. I received this bag about two weeks ago and although the black glossy was already lovely and soft, it is really taking on it's own characteristics already.

Attachments

• Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 56
  • Photo 3.jpg
    Photo 3.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 57
  • Photo 4.jpg
    Photo 4.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Photo 5.jpg
    Photo 5.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 45
I think the choco crash will match your wardrobe perfectly also!!!

I just love that plum.....

Thanks, audball67 & 'tessa. I do like that plum... maybe we can get Jackie to produce that shade in a non-metallic like the black glossy leather?!

Audball, your quote re: stress made me laugh... sounds like a normal day to me!

Hi kel,

Great choice for your first BE! I tell ya, once you discover her, it's hard to resist!

Oooh, I LOVE that slim profile! Now I won't feel like my arm is sticking out at a weird angle when I carry it on my shoulder. You will definitely turn heads wearing her -- you look great! I also like how it looks carried in the crook of the arm -- so versatile. Thanks for posting pics; I believe one can never see enough of this beauty! And other BE's, for that matter!

Tell me, when you wear the messenger strap, at what point does the top of the bag (top of hip?) and the bottom hit your body?

Tell me about it. I can't believe how good they smell! I have already ordered a Love Me Midi in Pewter and I am interested in a shoulder bag in the choc matte. Any ideas? Was thinking of the SMM?

Wearing the WTM midi messenger style means the top of the bag sits just at the top of the hip and ends say about 3/4 inches above the knee. Perfect really!

Tell me about it. I can't believe how good they smell! I have already ordered a Love Me Midi in Pewter and I am interested in a shoulder bag in the choc matte. Any ideas? Was thinking of the SMM?

Wearing the WTM midi messenger style means the top of the bag sits just at the top of the hip and ends say about 3/4 inches above the knee. Perfect really!

Kel28, for a shoulder bag, I love the LM Midi. It's very much like the WTM (which is why I originally hesitated to order the WTM, thinking the style is very similar). But if you like your WTM, you'll like the LM Midi. A bit boxier on the bottom (5.25" depth), but the leather slouches nicely so it doesn't stick out as much as you'd think. Jackie's bringing back this style for spring '09.

I don't have the SMM since I need to have at least 1 outside pocket, but I hear it's a very light bag.