Need Advice: WTM Midi or Hug Me for Petites?

tanmon

May 8, 2008
Chicago, IL USA
Kel28, for a shoulder bag, I love the LM Midi. It's very much like the WTM (which is why I originally hesitated to order the WTM, thinking the style is very similar). But if you like your WTM, you'll like the LM Midi. A bit boxier on the bottom (5.25" depth), but the leather slouches nicely so it doesn't stick out as much as you'd think. Jackie's bringing back this style for spring '09.

I don't have the SMM since I need to have at least 1 outside pocket, but I hear it's a very light bag.

kel your choice for 1st be was a good one! it looks so great and i like the bulga-esque circular corners when viewed from the side profile. they're thoughtul details that look good and probably will limit the potential for scuffed corners!

i'm still trying to decide if the wtm in black glossy is for me. i am really not a fan of patent leathers and the term 'glossy' is making me hesitant despite all these gorgeous photos.

i already have a tan sm and a gray lm. they're both super comfortable when worn over the shoulder and they have that perfume be leather scent. the tan and gray leathers are thick and soft yet durable.

other tpfers have said a similar leather is the chocolate matte which i've seen recently posted for sale on ebay in the smm style which may interest you. i find the dual shoulder straps permit easy access to the ample internal pockets. an outside pocket would likely distract from the streamlined panels. perhaps you should check it on ebay and contact the seller if the smm went unsold? then again it's such an easily worn bag maybe she changed her mind. :shrugs: good luck and congrats on that wtm.

kel28

O.G.
Aug 25, 2008
UK
Kel28, for a shoulder bag, I love the LM Midi. It's very much like the WTM (which is why I originally hesitated to order the WTM, thinking the style is very similar). But if you like your WTM, you'll like the LM Midi. A bit boxier on the bottom (5.25" depth), but the leather slouches nicely so it doesn't stick out as much as you'd think. Jackie's bringing back this style for spring '09.

I don't have the SMM since I need to have at least 1 outside pocket, but I hear it's a very light bag.
Thanks for your advice. Maybe I will see my LMM in pewter and decide what I want in choc brown. Very sensible!!