Need Advice Vintage Kellys--do you own one? would you buy one? or wait for a new one?

I :heart: Vintage Kellys....The Few I Have Belonged To My Grandmothers & Mother....Very Special To Me. I Love The Look Of Vintage Kellys...If I Found One That Really Called Out To Me....I Would Grab It!!!!:yes:

LOVE vintage Kelly's!!!! I have three and all from Pete at LZ who's eye, taste level and judgement I trust completely. I have never been disappointed and love them to bits!!!!

Here's one......

I LOVE your bag S'MOM.....it looks, and looked delicious!!

I have a 1945 vintage Black Box Kelly, and used her once, but will treasure her forever. She has been to the spa, but didn't really need it.

I love the patina on the vintage boxes.

Good Luck, and Happy Hermes Shopping!

I would love to have an inherited kelly! how nice for you, Cynthia NYC! I will try to find Fisch for the Hip. $3k sounds quite a bit more reasonable than LZ's current prices, which at $5k for black box kelly, is not much less than retail, right? Once they have a patina, are they a bit more durable, or must one still worry lots about rain? I was thinking a kelly could be a better travel bag than my birkins, (because I have toddler and still need my hands free for him), but the no shoulder strap part wouldn't help me on that front.

BTW Fisch for the Hip is near 18th and 6th--not far from that big Old Navy store and the Container Store. It's been a while since I priced Kelly bags there, by the way, so don't yell at me if my estimate was off! ;)
You can always have Hermes make you a shoulder strap, either canvas like the old style ones, or thinner one in leather like the new Kellys come with.
Retail for a Kelly is currently around the $6K mark (more for Box, and sellier/rigide is more expensive than retourne/souple), though prices are set to jump 10% in the new year. Yikes!