Need advice:using leather handbag in the rain?

Thanks everyone for your advice. I'm going to avoid using a leather bag when I know it rains and I'm going to leave a plastic bag in my leather bag if I know there is any chance of it raining.

Lainy:flowers:

The plastic bag is a great idea. Sometimes I just hide it under my coat! All my bags are leather and the only one that got rain spots was my Whiskey legacy shoulder bag, but it has all blended and looks great! Between the rain and snow here lately, it's too challenging to keep the handbag dry all the time. I want summer!!!!

I have a black Soho leather swingpack that I have never treated or put anything on.

I bring it to trips all the time. Last December, during one of our sightseeing trips to NYC, we got caught in a huge, torrential downpour. I tried to shield my bag as much as possible but it still got soaked. I have to say that as scared as I was that my bag was ruined - after I patted it down with a towel and it dried out, it still looked great. No spots, no marks. I'm not sure if I just got lucky but I've been really impressed at how this swingpack has stood the test of time....and horrible weather!!