Need advice: Suede lining in preowned Venetia

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi MJ ladies,

I usually shy away from suede bags because they're really hard to clean, and I definitely will not buy a preowned suede bag. However, I have an opportunity to purchase a preowned Venetia with red suede lining. I am having cold feet because of the suede lining - i don't know what has been in there or how much wear it has had. I've only seen one picture and while there are no major stains, I won't be able to tell until i see it IRL.

What do you think I should do? :confused1:

Thanks in advance.

2. Maybe I'm a weirdo but a stained lining (pen marks and such) doesn't bother me so much, especially with light lining since it's so hard to keep pristine. I really love suede lining and if it's red, it should be no problem. With most MJ bags, you can pull the lining out a bit to brush it or clean it and shake it off. Others have recommended a suede brush to help with that too.

3. Dawn - not weird at all, I don't mind either, I think it's impossible to keep the lighter linings spot free. If I put a used bag I usually pull out the lining and hoover it.

4. Hi dawn and Beany, thanks for your replies.

I don't mind it from a cosmetic point of view or if I'm the first owner. i guess i'm looking at more of a hygiene point of view - what if there's been more than just pen marks inside? At least with fabric lining, i can pull it out and wash with soap and water. Is there any way to clean suede like that?