Need Advice - Recs for a Birthday Present for Myself?

TokyoBound

Singing the Sorrow
Nov 7, 2011
Hello!

My birthday is this Friday, and rather happily it coincides with the payout of my company's 2nd quarter bonus (more H spending money for me, yay!). I do want to treat myself to something H, but I just can't figure out what! Unfortunately I can't justify getting my holy grail bag yet (the Bolide) and while I was thinking of getting the Evelyne, the only one in stock at my store is a canvas/bamboo combo (love the bamboo, am not a fan of the canvas). And that was as of Sunday, so it will be gone by the time I can see my regular SA.

Birthdays bum me out in general, so I'm hoping for a pick-me up. Jewelry maybe? Gahhh, I am so indecisive!!

Also, is it weird that part of the fun b-day shopping experience will be seeing my SA? He is just so much fun, I look forward to going into the store even more (and end up spending more of course :P)

Hello!

My birthday is this Friday, and rather happily it coincides with the payout of my company's 2nd quarter bonus (more H spending money for me, yay!). I do want to treat myself to something H, but I just can't figure out what! Unfortunately I can't justify getting my holy grail bag yet (the Bolide) and while I was thinking of getting the Evelyne, the only one in stock at my store is a canvas/bamboo combo (love the bamboo, am not a fan of the canvas). And that was as of Sunday, so it will be gone by the time I can see my regular SA.

Birthdays bum me out in general, so I'm hoping for a pick-me up. Jewelry maybe? Gahhh, I am so indecisive!!

Also, is it weird that part of the fun b-day shopping experience will be seeing my SA? He is just so much fun, I look forward to going into the store even more (and end up spending more of course :P)

Wishing you a Happy Birthday !! You should treat yourself to some H, not jewelry !! What is your budget ?

Happy birthday! I wouldn't settle on a bag you don't want - that won't pick you up ;)
Try something, however small, that makes you happy every time you look at/wear it. Unfortunately only you can know what that is. For me a few H items that do that for me are my rose gold CDC ring, my favorite mousseline (like wearing a cloud). my Kelly wallet, even my Ulysse.

Happy Birthday! Oh the choices! So many and doing it at H is just the most fun! That will definitely give you a pick up. Not sure what your budget is but guessing it's less than a bolide. Have a great time and don't rush to choose. Take time to enjoy it all.

Just throwing out ideas...

H leather that's less than a bolide...
Garden Party
Pico
Victoria
Wallet

CDC
GM cashmere shawl
Watch
Long necklaces like the farandole (totally goes with everything if you wear silver)
Boots
Clic clacs

Ha ha, can you tell I have along list myself?

Last edited:
Happy Birthday! We share the same birthday month. :biggrin:

I like the idea of a watch or a piece of jewelry so when you wear look at it it'll make you smile. Also, a new fall scarf or shawl will be nice too. Please do a reveal when you get your new present(s).

Happy Birthday!!! Mine was last Thursday and although I got a B this year which was supposed to be my big bday gift (celebrating a milestone), I felt the need to get something on the week of my bday itself (yes I know I'm on ban island but this bday had me out of sorts!). I had my mind set on an Evelyn and ended up with a Halzan bag which I'm very happy about.

The point is that you're better off going to the store and looking around to see if something catches your eye as you never know what to expect whenever you go in! Walking into an H store is a surprise every time. Whenever I go in planning on buying something specific is when I either a) don't find what I want or b) buy something completely different.

So on the day of your bday, go in and look through what they have and see if something makes you swoon and that's what you should get.

Some ideas to get you thinking: CDC, cashmere shawl, kelly wallet, GP but don't go in with your heart set on one thing - guaranteed you will find something special for your special day.

Happy birthday. I echo the comments to treat yourself for the big bag when time comes. maybe now it's not the time, so something smaller but just as memorable. I think jewellery is good choice. Hopefully the bolide finds you soon.

I completely agree with what others have said! Never settle for a bag cuz that just leaves a nagging feeling in your chest every time you see it, like you just <i>didn't quite</i> get what you wanted. Jewelry and scarves from H are always great alternatives that won't break the bank!

Happy Birthday to You....Get something that makes you so happy, if not a dream bag then maybe a CDC bracelet exotic or regular, an H Kelly Wallet, some Clic Clac H Bracelet and or Scarves.

Concur with everyone else get a signature H bracelet- CDC, Kelly dog, Kelly double tour, clic class they are so fun to stack! Or a 140 shawl? The new season ones are beautiful! Good luck look forward to your reveal!

I like the idea of going in and telling your SA it's your birthday and seeing what goodies appear! I don't think you should settle for a bag just to get one on your birthday and there might be something amazing back there. Wishing you a very happy birthday and can't wait to see what you get!

Last edited:
You guys are so sweet, thanks for the b- day wishes and the awesome advice! I love your suggestions - I think I will walk into the store and let that item or items find me that day, and report back! In the meantime I won't jump into buying a bag in a color I don't love just because it may be the last one.

SAs can do wonders sometimes if you mention your b-day. It sounds like you have a good relationship with your SA, definitely mention it to him and see "what goodies appear" as Mrs. Owen said :graucho:
H has so many lovely items; I am sure you will find more than one thing to purchase. Jewelries are always great options, since there are many classic pieces that are often in stock. I would kill for a gold kelly or cdc bracelets if money is not an issue. Otherwise, silver or leather pieces are wonderful alternatives. The fall scarves are TDF; so perhaps a 90cm silk or 140cm shawl? Their fall boots and shoes are fabulous too.