Need advice - recolouring lambskin mini

I sent in a square mini in pink lambskin to Leather Surgeons to get cleaned and unfortunately, they dyed it without informing me prior. Although the color was beautifully matched, the change in texture was just a no go for me. I ended up selling the bag a few days later and bought it in caviar.

I sent in a square mini in pink lambskin to Leather Surgeons to get cleaned and unfortunately, they dyed it without informing me prior. Although the color was beautifully matched, the change in texture was just a no go for me. I ended up selling the bag a few days later and bought it in caviar.

oh hmm did you get a good price for it?

I was thinking if it changes the texture maybe just have it dyed black too? Then I don’t need to worry about it getting marks again.

oh hmm did you get a good price for it?

I was thinking if it changes the texture maybe just have it dyed black too? Then I don’t need to worry about it getting marks again.
The bag was a good price but this is back when the prices weren’t as ridiculous as they are now. Either way though, I didn’t want it dyed just cleaned bc I LOVE the feel of vintage lambskin. From that experience on, I don’t touch my bags anymore. I welcome the wear and tear that comes w wear. I also make a note to not buy items that have too much wear/tear for that reason. Hope this helps! ☺️

Reactions: princessinpink
I think I remember your story. :sad: So bizarre of them.

The bag was a good price but this is back when the prices weren’t as ridiculous as they are now. Either way though, I didn’t want it dyed just cleaned bc I LOVE the feel of vintage lambskin. From that experience on, I don’t touch my bags anymore. I welcome the wear and tear that comes w wear. I also make a note to not buy items that have too much wear/tear for that reason. Hope this helps! ☺

Thank you!!
will definitely do a little more research into the Company I want to go with.

did they compensate you at all?