Need advice re international transaction

savvysgirl

Jul 22, 2008
Hello, im new to the ebay forum part of tPF but i need some advice or help with a dispute that has been opened against me. I hope this is the right place to put this msg but if not can someone point me in the right direction :flowers:

I sent 2 pairs of Christian Louboutin shoes to an ebayer in the United States. Despite the tracking information saying delivered on the 9th July the buyer msgd about 2 1/2 after the 9th saying that she hadnt received her parcel. Today she has opened a dispute against me and i dont know where i stand with eBay/paypal/postal service. I have spoken to the UK postal service i used and they told me to fill in a form and they will investigate the problem. A friend of mine in the US actually spoke to someone at USPS who was going to get back to her but hasnt so far i dont think. He was going to locate the person who delivered the parcel to see where it was left and possibly who with. We are talking about 450 GBP so im quite upset to possibly be losing both 2 pairs of shoes plus the money.

Will paypal automatically side with the buyer despite the tracking information saying the parcel has been delivered?

I have opened a dispute many times and every single time they've asked the seller to provide me the tracking information :smile: So I think you should be good.

Problem is .. there is no signature of delivery as it was sent via Airsure not International Signed For. When i spoke to Royal Mail, they told me they can 100% tell me where and who the parcel was delivered to despite having no signature. Thats not paypal though :sad:

Yeah thats what i though. What about if Royal Mail or USPS can prove this package was delivered and who to? She hasnt opened a claim, just a dispute so paypal can see our communication. She said she will escalate the claim in a few weeks if all else fails with tracking where the parcel is. I find it hard to believe the parcel didnt get to her in all honesty.

I'm so sorry... If they can find out where it is delivered and confirm that on paper or something, you could fax that to PayPal? I think that would be a good thing to do.

You as the seller will need to prove it was delivered. Another reason to get signature confirmation delivery with every PP package sent...and especially so for anything $250 and over. So sorry. Tell yoor buyer it is saying delivered and maybe she can track it from her end if you have the tracking info??? Hope it is not a scam. Please keep us posted.:smile:

I don't think Paypal will accept anything other than a signature scanned online i.e even if RM of USPS could "prove" who signed for it, which is unlikely if it was just "delivered", PP will likely still side against you unfortunately. I've only ever sent abroad a couple of times and i've used International Signed For - so far as i understand it, because it only has tracking within the UK and then just says "*** has entered customs in ***" - you should still be able to track it on the relevant postal site in the relevant country and see the signature. I've always been a little unsure to be honest but i know PP puts a lot of emphasis on having signature confirmation.

I'm so sorry you're going through this, keep us updated with what happens - hopefully it's a misunderstanding and she's not trying to take you for a ride...

You as the seller will need to prove it was delivered. Another reason to get signature confirmation delivery with every PP package sent...and especially so for anything $250 and over. So sorry. Tell yoor buyer it is saying delivered and maybe she can track it from her end if you have the tracking info??? Hope it is not a scam. Please keep us posted.:smile:

^ signature confirmation is really important for packages over $250. I actually had the same issue with a buyer over a pair of CL's and she checked the signature which she didn't recognize...but it ended up being the doorman at her building and he accidentally delivered it to the wrong apartment!!! In the end, he got the package back to her and she was thrilled! hopefully this is what happened and not a dishonest buyer!

the royal mail is really bizarre, tracking is more detailed and delivery is faster with airsure (which is why people tend to use it) and it's actually more expensive than international signed for but they don't get a signature :confused1:

the royal mail is really bizarre, tracking is more detailed and delivery is faster with airsure (which is why people tend to use it) and it's actually more expensive than international signed for but they don't get a signature :confused1:
yes, it's strange, i actually don't like airsure much, i've used it twice and each time the parcels have taken longer to get there than if i'd used international signed for.
the PO say airsure is the more secure way though since it's trackable all the way.
of course, as with everything over here, none of it makes sense !

^^Exactly - full tracking and no signature, or partial tracking with signature - unless you want to use a courier which is hilariously expensive....Bah, so far no problem, but always keeping my fingers crossed... :smile:

Thank you for the replies ladies. I am going to speak to paypal tonight regarding this and see what they say. I am quite sure that they will side with the buyer but i need to know 100% before making the effort with calling the US & attemtping to track the parcel etc Mind you, i would rather have the shoes back if she gets the cash!!! I'm so angry with the post office woman as she was the one who told me that Airsure was the best, fastest and safest way to send a parcel overseas .... hmmmm ok! I wonder if she would like to pay my 500 GBP paypal bill?!

I find it utterly stupid that i've lost 2 pairs of stunning shoes PLUS 500 GBP.