Need Advice - Question about online cheats

pretApri

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
Random question - has anyone ever purchased a Chanel on ebay or bonanzle, only to find that their bag looks nothing like the pictures that the ebay seller posted?

Only asking because I just scored an amazing deal on a 2.55 on Bonanzle, and after my hour of excitement + thrill, paranoia seeped in and I'm trying to explore every possible avenue of how this seller may have suckered me. All the pics are legit, and even the description says it'll come with the authenticity card (matching ot the hologram sticker), dustbag, etc. But it still doesn't settle my fears...

Sure! This is the link: http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/nicejob/items/6250442

But my question isn't whether it's real or not, but rather--- whether the PICTURES she used are real. I feel like a lot of Chanel ebay & bonanzle sellers use a standard online pic of chanel bags, without using their own camera -- if that makes sense.

But maybe I'm being over-paranoid... I just don't understand why she pitched the bag so low, when other sellers are going for the standard $1-2,000 price.

Either way, I already bought it... so I guess I'll have to wait and see!

You know what they said IF it sounds to good to be true.....

I would have serious doubts of authenticity, for that price!, no one in their right mind will sell an authentic Chanel bag that low. Sorry

Always check their feedback, make sure the seller had sold other high end bags to make sure that you are not dealing with a crook.

Eeek..... for that price, I'd be a bit worried also. I've seen several of these on Bonanzle in the 3-4 hundred range. They seem very sketchy to me. I hope that it turns out well for you. Please let us know when you get it.

You bought a Chanel flap for $315 OBO????? That seller has 0 feedback and I'd be willing to bet my house that you just bought a fake bag. General rule of thumb: If it's too good to be true, IT IS! I have purchased almost all of my luxury items (Chanel handbags, Christian Louboutin shoes, etc.) from auction sites like EBay and Bonanzle, but you have to do your research. Being an educated and careful buyer is the key to successful transactions. Can you cancel your payment? I'd start investigating how to get your money back.

It'll probably be a bait and switch (even if the pictured bag is deemed authentic, my guess is that they will send her a fake bag). pretApri - did you pay via paypal and with a credit card? I guess all you can do is wait and see...take pics of the bag when you receive it and post them on the authenticate this chanel thread and see what happens...good luck.

Even if what you see in the photos is authentic, I very much doubt what you'll receive is a fake. The price is too good to be true. Cancel the deal if you can.

You know what they said IF it sounds to good to be true.....

I would have serious doubts of authenticity, for that price!, no one in their right mind will sell an authentic Chanel bag that low. Sorry

Always check their feedback, make sure the seller had sold other high end bags to make sure that you are not dealing with a crook.

^yeah I have to agree that price makes me doubt that its an authentic bag...if you even receive the bag... I don't wanna sound negative but if its too good to be true then it usually is!