Need advice on which color to get....

gemruby41

O.G.
Feb 14, 2007
I'm looking to purchase my second Bbag. :yahoo: I've always wanted a red Bal bag, so I went to NM yesterday to find one. They had the Bal city in coral red, and I had the SA hold it for me until Thursday for the Incircle double points. I'm having second thoughts on the color because it is a bright red with orange undertones. I will be wearing this bag to the office alot, so I'm thinking it will be too bright. I also saw light blue Bbags, and I like that color also. If the red was darker, I would not be having second thoughts.

Please help me make my decision ladies. Is the coral too bright for the office or should I just get something blue?

You may want to ask if they have any of the red bags from '07... Rouge Vermillion or Tomato. I haven't seen the coral red IRL but the previous two I mentioned may have less orange undertones??

In terms of the coral red being too bright for the office - I guess it all depends on what you wear and if you are accustomed to wearing bright accessories. I wear my Rouge Vermillion and Vert Gazon (grass green) often and I think of it as a great pop in color for an otherwise neutral wardrobe. But if I wear a bright colored top or bottom I then switch to my Marine (rich dark blue) brief. Hope this helps...

The two reds that you mentioned would have been perfect, but they didn't have them. From what I can remember, they had blues, yellow, pinks, green, browns, off white, print, and blacks.

I normally don't wear bright colors so maybe that is why it seems so out there for me. The only bright color I love is yellow, but not for a bag. If the bag was a darker yellow, I would definitely go for it.

Personally I think the coral is stunning! Unless you want to check out other reputable online/offline places to find a darker red I´d def buy the coral! I can just see how it popps up your office style! Good luck!

Kat

Hmmmm i know its soooo hard all the colors are sooo yummy but everyone has a color that calls to them more!! You should get the one you LOVE!! and think you would be most happy with!!

Coral could be a great colour to wear at the office this summer, if it's teamed up with the right outfit. I tend to wear a lot of blues, black and grey to work and I was always nervous about wearing bright colours, but since I bought a Rouge Vif City, I've been very happy to take this bag to work and it's received a lot of compliments. I'm sure coral would look great with beige, cream and other summer colours. Let us know what you decide.

I really love coral because I love the orange undertones, but if you're not completely satisfied then don't settle for it. If you could hold out till fall Ruby would be a good bet... in the mean time if you can get a blue now and red in the fall... that would be ideal :P