Need advice on this bag

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I am about to add a couple chloes to my collection and would like your advice since I am very new to the brand.
    I am thinking of this one...
    I am really fickle with purses and will probably want to sell in the future. Is this a desirable bag? what do you think of resale value? thanks so much for your advice!:girlsigh:

ChloeHoboPaddington1_1.jpg
  2. Is this the hobo?

If so, i like it, but i decided to go for the medium satchel instead, which i'm glad i did, it can be hand held and can fit on your shoulder comfortably.:yes:

The hobo is great because you can wear it on your shoulder, but it's not so versatile because you can't really use it as a hand held bag.

IMO, re-sale value wouldn't be quite as high as the original paddy, though i don't think you would lose too much on it as most Chloe's are pretty desirable, even second hand because then they are more attainable price-wise!:yes:

P.S would it be possible to re-attach the pic as i can't click on the link?:flowers:

3. I prefer the satchel style to the hobo. I had the hobo for about a week and returned it because the padlock didn't lay right on it (sat more on top of it) and it was a bit awkward to wear (did not lay right at my waist/hip area... too wide or something). I think the most popular style is the satchel and so that one would have the better resale value.. but if it is a 'much wanted' color that can also help in resale. It looks like the one in your pic is a grenat.

4. Yes it is the grenat!

5. I love the hobo. It's easier to carry than the satchel because you can put it on your shoulder.

6. I agree, it seems like it would fit over your coat. Not sure about the resale value though - of course it depends on how long you wait to sell it as well.

7. The satchel can easily fit on the shoulder too - i carried it shopping last week for about 6 hours and i had no problems getting it to stay on.:yes: :flowers:
    I think the hobo is great if you want just a shoulder bag:flowers:

8. ^^^I'm sorry. I don't have skinny arms so no it doesn't fit on my shoulder. And once winter rolls around if you have a winter jacket on, it will be hard to put it on. I hate carrying the satchel around in the crook of my arm or hands. That's why I rarely use mines.

9. I think I am going to go for it!! Thanks so much for all your advice!

10. Fair point:flowers:
    I have quite broad shoulders so it sits right where i put it:P
    I was going to go for the hobo but changed my mind after i was convinced by several tPF'ers that the satchel would sit on my shoulder...and it does. I guess we're all different though.:tender:

Good luck macp6! We want to see pics too!:yes: :flowers:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice