Need Advice on Speedy B 25 Flaws

MissChris

Apr 2, 2013
I just bought a new Speedy B 25 in damier ebene. I already own a Speedy B 35 in DE that I will be selling because I don't travel much for work anymore and I've recently downsized what I carry. The website was 'Call for Availability' so I went to my local LV inside Nieman Marcus and the very kind SA located one and had them overnight it to my house. The initial impression was that it was in great shape but upon further inspection (especially once the pictures were taken), my husband and I noticed a few flaws:
1) One of the handle loops is not smooth and looks a little 'chewed up' for lack of a better description.
2) On both sides, the stitching is incredibly uneven...there are like 10 stitches down one side for every 8 stitches on the other. While the stitches themselves look nice, it's the first thing my husband noticed. I'm not looking for perfection but the stitches on my Speedy B 35 are fairly even (as they should be) and I certainly don't want this to look like a fake.
3) Above the part where the straps attach, there is red thread showing thru 4 different stitches (2 on each side of the bag). I looked at my Speedy 35 and found one like that but not four.
I just worry that a few of these flaws might get worse over time but the last thing I want to do is return it and get an even worse one in its place. That happened with a Sunglasses MM case...I ordered one online that came with obvious defects to the glazing so I exchanged it and the one they sent me was even worse. That was the first time I ever returned anything to LV and was so disheartened that I didn't order a third one. I'm really starting to lose my love for this brand with all these recent issues. I normally don't mind a little flaw here or there because nothing is perfect, and I absolutely hate having to deal with customer service to return anything, but I'm just not sure what to do.
What do you all think? TIA
Speedy B 25 1 (2).jpg Speedy B 25 2 (2).jpg Speedy B 25 3 (2).jpg Speedy B 25 4.jpg Speedy B 25 5 (2).jpg

What did you end up doing?? When i got my speedy 25 ebene it had some glue like stuff coming off too.. the bag itself was ok so i kept it. I hope you were able to decide on what to do with the bag because if it doesnt completely make ur heart sing i would have returned it!

I have the fraying leather on the handle loops too. I was wondering if this is a defect. Did you take your bag in? My bag was just purchased 3 weeks ago I have used it 3 times

Mine wasnt very bad so I didnt take it in. To ease ur mine you should take it in to have it inspected just incase it could be a defect. Good luck!

I think the fraying is because the underside is untreated leather (like on the reg speedy pull tab) and the friction of the metal rubs against it. I think it's the nature of the bag, although I would hate to see lots of it right away on a new bag. Mine came new with a little of it so I used cuticle scissors to carefully trim the excess. The stitching showing red, mine has it too. As long as it wasn't highly noticeable it didn't bother me. Everything else on the bag was good imo (I didn't check the stitching) so I kept my bag. It's been about 2 years. If you're unhappy you should take it back and look for one that you really like cause these flaws will always haunt you if you keep it.

I bought a speedy b 25 yesterday. I noticed that you could see some of the red stitching here. Is that normal? I did ask for another one and they said it was the last one (not sure if i believe that) but i just bought it because it was much cheaper duty free in paris.

Attachments

• 123CEB9D-DCA0-4C5A-8D78-AF88628EE389.jpeg
    123CEB9D-DCA0-4C5A-8D78-AF88628EE389.jpeg
    218.9 KB · Views: 162