Need Advice on Purchase PLS...

coachadd1ct

Need Some Luck!!
Nov 23, 2008
Hello everyone! I need your advice on this...

I just recently purchased a key fob on evilbay and was very excited to receive it!! Well the mailman delivered it today and I totally tore open the package ready to put it on my purse. Well much to my surprise there was damage on it. The listing did NOT state this. In fact it stated that it was NWT. Now the seller has 100% feedback so I had no reason to doubt the contents of the listing.

I sent her an email with pictures and asked her how she would like to proceed. I'll attach a couple for you guys to look at and make your own conclusions. She responded with that she would refund my $$ if I return it. She was sorry for the damage, but that was how she purchased it. Do you think it's unfair for me to ask her to cover the return shipping charges? I seriously don't feel like I should have to incur any monetary loss due to the fact that she knowingly knew there was damage and didn't bother to put that in the listing.

Please let me know your thoughts & be totally honest..... I'm a little frustrated and my emotions are going every direction....

Thank you all!!!

Attachments

• 0214091320.jpg
    0214091320.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 0214091320a.jpg
    0214091320a.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 0214091320b.jpg
    0214091320b.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Id be upset. Did you pay via Paypal? If so, you can file a SNAD. I dont think its fair for you to have to pay to ship it back either. Maybe the seller would be willing to work with you on this.

If your not happy w/your purchase I would definitely ask if she can cover the cost of returning the item to her as well. Thats really too bad that she knew about it being damaged but didn't put it in her listing. Sorry that you had to go thru this.

Did she say it was new? If new, she should have mentioned the damage and should pay for the return.
Used, it would have been nice if she had mentioned it–but you can almost expect something to be wrong on a used item.

Id be upset. Did you pay via Paypal? If so, you can file a SNAD. I dont think its fair for you to have to pay to ship it back either. Maybe the seller would be willing to work with you on this.

I've never had a negative experience on the bay before so I'll have to look up what a SNAD is. She did state that she would NOT take any additional $$ off of the purchase as she had already lost $$$. So having said that, I'm not sure how much she'll be willing to negotiate regarding the shipping.

I paid $20 for it and I'm sure it was an outlet find since it came in one of those white bags. Am I being totally unfair??? :crybaby:

Thank you PhantaBitten for understanding how I feel!!!! I don't think it's fair either!!!:tdown:

If your not happy w/your purchase I would definitely ask if she can cover the cost of returning the item to her as well. Thats really too bad that she knew about it being damaged but didn't put it in her listing. Sorry that you had to go thru this.

Yes, those were my thoughts too.... If she knew about it, she should've stated it. I was totally expecting her to come back with an apology and her saying she overlooked it or something---Didn't know it was there. But she said she purchased it that way and had no control over it. It's like she was straight out deceitful.

I'm going to compose an email response now.

Thank you!!!!!

Did she say it was new? If new, she should have mentioned the damage and should pay for the return.
Used, it would have been nice if she had mentioned it–but you can almost expect something to be wrong on a used item.

Yup, I wouldn't have minded if the listing would've stated that there was some damage. I would've determined at that time whether or not I could live with it and either make or not make the purchase....

No. If she bought it at the outlet, she paid $10. for it. She should have disclosed the flaw if it was listed as new IMO.

I agree!!! And thanks for your feedback on the price!!! So did she lose $$$ after paying all the ebay fees?

ITA with everyone. If she stated it was NWT then that's what you should have received. If there was any type of flaw, it should have been noted. It's not YOUR fault that she neglected to note the damage, she should pay for your shipping, it's not fair for you to have to pay for something that was unknowingly damaged. JMO.

She seriously called it NWT? That is misleading! It was damaged with tags! I would ask for her to pay for return shipping. If you file a dispute with PayPal, you can include the costs of return shipping in the amount of the refund you are requesting. If she gives you a hard time, I'd file a claim.

ITA with everyone. If she stated it was NWT then that's what you should have received. If there was any type of flaw, it should have been noted. It's not YOUR fault that she neglected to note the damage, she should pay for your shipping, it's not fair for you to have to pay for something that was unknowingly damaged. JMO.

Thanks jlbanks!!!! I'm writing her a response now.

Any help you all can offer with regard on how to insure I get the return shipping (if she agrees) once I return the item to her?

She seriously called it NWT? That is misleading! It was damaged with tags! I would ask for her to pay for return shipping. If you file a dispute with PayPal, you can include the costs of return shipping in the amount of the refund you are requesting. If she gives you a hard time, I'd file a claim.

***I think Arsweb just helped answer my question!!! Thank you Arsweb!!!! And Yes she listed it NWT. :cursing:

She didnt lose any money if she paid $10 for it the eBay fees are not that high $.35 to list and proably $1.00 closing fee depending on her eBay level status then paypal fees which was under $1.00.

She didnt lose any money if she paid $10 for it the eBay fees are not that high $.35 to list and proably $1.00 closing fee depending on her eBay level status then paypal fees which was under $1.00.

Cool!! Thank you Katwoman!! I just don't want to be unfair, but at the same time not be taken advantage of either. You know??:confused1: