Need advice on patent Yoyo's please

masteritsa

Mar 28, 2011
Hi everyone! Does CL yoyo 85 in patent has a stiff kind of leather? I normally don't wear the patent, only have several pairs. My feet don't like patent lol:smile: I was in love with shelly patent, So I went to NM to try, and I couldn't even put them on. Then I saw a pair of patent Piou, the leather seemed softer. Since yoyo is not sold anymore in stores, Idk if it's worth buying. I also read that the heel is very unstable. All your opinions will be appreciated! TIA

Doglover1610

Island Girl
O.G.
Nov 5, 2009
On a beach in the Tropics
Doesn't feel stiff to me. I have the black and silver greasepaint YoYos and they are pretty comfortable. As for the heels they're stable, but since I living on a tropical island and we have gravel lots instead of paved areas I'm constantly having to replace heel tips.

masteritsa

Mar 28, 2011
Doesn't feel stiff to me. I have the black and silver greasepaint YoYos and they are pretty comfortable. As for the heels they're stable, but since I living on a tropical island and we have gravel lots instead of paved areas I'm constantly having to replace heel tips.
Thank you Doglover! It makes me consider yoyo to buy. I really like it's retro inspired look)

CEC.LV4eva

O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
CL's patent leather is generally stiffer than any other brand imo (except for Roger Vivier, Salvatore Ferragamo, and *some* YSLs). I think the stiffer leather is actually more durable.
I don't recall the Yoyo's being particularly different in leather... they all use the same patent processing. What I would becareful with is ask the seller how she has stored the shoes. If she lives in a particularly cold climate, the leather would stiffen more and if you walk around in it the first time, they will likely crack. Patent also needs annual conditioning, so it's best that you condition and moisturize them first and have them warm to a relatively high room temp (eg. 23-24C or 72+F) before trying them on.
The above applies to all other patent CL shoes you may have tried on in the past. It all has to do with at what room temp they were stored at, which explains why some of your shoes *may* have felt softer.

Aside, if you like soft patent leather, you can give Jimmy Choo, Repetto, and Lanvin shoes a try.

Last edited:

masteritsa

Mar 28, 2011
Thank you for your detailed response! I guess I'll have to look for suede, fabric or snake version of yoyos, I really like a style. I might consider other designers, however I'm not a very big fan of patent leather anyways. I wanted to use a pair for DiY project:smile: