Need Advice on mono Speedy please

cozyc

Jan 14, 2012
I'm still totally new to LV and got my first new piece in November which was a compact zippy in DE :smile: then a DE cles & mini Pochette in DE for Christmas. Fast forward a little and before that I bought a new to me mono speedy 25 on eBay in beautiful condition with gorgeous honey patina & no scuffs etc.

Today I carried her to church & I realized I am a DE girl 100% all the way. My question is should I wait before I rehome her? I don't know if my likes will change in the near future??? So confused about what to do. I really really want the DE Pochette & I love crossbody the most for my lifestyle.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I just don't want to be sorry if I rehome her because she really is pretty and in great shape. I looked and looked before I found the one I wanted to buy. Any advice you experienced LV lovers can give is greatly appreciated :smile:

Serenedee

Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
Personally, I feel every LV gal should have at least one mono bag in her collection. I say keep it as the Speedy is such an iconic piece.
I am a tad biased though as I own three Speedys... DE 35, mono 35 and a mono 30 which I passed on to my daughter. :smile:

Jennifoo

Dec 15, 2012
Illinois
HI there. I, too, think you should keep the mono Speedy. First, because what you're experiencing could be a temporary case of buyer's remorse which will dissipate shortly. Secondly, I agree with above poster that it's a good idea to have at least one mono piece as it adds variety and nuance to your handbag collection, thereby giving you more options for your wardrobe. I would encourage you to refrain from comparing the mono with the damier or any other print and just enjoy her. :smile:

luvspurses

O.G.
Mar 9, 2008
Personally, I feel every LV gal should have at least one mono bag in her collection. I say keep it as the Speedy is such an iconic piece.
I am a tad biased though as I own three Speedys... DE 35, mono 35 and a mono 30 which I passed on to my daughter. :smile:
i totally agree , and i too just love my speedies. keep the mono , at least for now. i love my de speedy, carry it most days, but it feels great to have the mono at times, especially with the lovely patina.

cozyc

Jan 14, 2012
You guys are giving me something to think about. So far it's unanimous and everyone says keep her. I've been going back and forth, back and forth. I don't want to be sorry. I really appreciate everyone lending me their experience!

Jan 2, 2013
Dudley, West Midlands
My first LV was a mono speedy (35) because I just personally adore the style, and I think they really are a classic bag. I think it just depends on whether it's something you feel that you will love and use in your collection :smile:

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I'd keep it. The price is only going up and it's a staple. There are lots if DE bags so you can later on.

sayakayumi

Aphrodite A
O.G.
Jul 18, 2010
Keep it! and get the DE pochette. Mono Speedy is such a classic and it sounds like you got a pretty one. :speedy:

cozyc

Jan 14, 2012
I didn't realize everyone's advice would be the same! Eeek!! Lol Thank you all for posting on my question :smile:

sylvericon

Nov 10, 2009
Couch
I lOve DE as well but I got myself speedy b 30 mono & I love it. I have DE in pochette & Eva but thinking of Eva in mono too lol.. I myself never thought I'll like mono but hey, I did! I'd say keep it and see if it will grow on you.

Francis T

O.G.
Feb 11, 2010
Holland
Sorry but I'm in minority here. I had a mono 30 and at first I was in love with it. But then I liked the DE more and bought another speedy 30 in DE.
The mono speedy was just "too loud" for me plus the fact that I'm not comfortable wearing a handheld bag. I like a cross body style the most but haven't found the right one yet. So I sold mine.
May I suggest you wait a while, maybe you need time to get used to mono speedy. You've got the 25 witch is not too big. It is a cute bag. Ok now I'm making you more confused lol. Good luck.
When I sold mine, my dh said don't end up buying it again. But I think men can't really understand.

cozyc

Jan 14, 2012
Francis T said:
Sorry but I'm in minority here. I had a mono 30 and at first I was in love with it. But then I liked the DE more and bought another speedy 30 in DE.
The mono speedy was just "too loud" for me plus the fact that I'm not comfortable wearing a handheld bag. I like a cross body style the most but haven't found the right one yet. So I sold mine.
May I suggest you wait a while, maybe you need time to get used to mono speedy. You've got the 25 witch is not too big. It is a cute bag. Ok now I'm making you more confused lol. Good luck.
When I sold mine, my dh said don't end up buying it again. But I think men can't really understand.
I didn't really know the exact words to call it but I think you said it with "too loud" she is very cute but as of now the DE pattern is more me....unless the mono starts growing on me very soon.