Need advice on : Gucci loafers sizing

polavoid

Jul 16, 2018
Hello ladies! I've been eyeing Gucci loafers for quite a while now and am ready to make the splurge. Problem is : I can't go to any Gucci store to try them on, they're all too far/don't have the shoes in store. By reading other posts, I saw some people say the Jordaan were TTS, others saying to go down half a size. I'm usually a 36 (FR), so I was thinking of getting the 34,5 IT (or 35IT). What size would you recommend? Would any lady be kind enough to measure the insoles of their Jordaan in 34,5 or 35? It would be a big help, I know Gucci provides a sizing chart but it doesn't seem to be precise enough.
Also, I chose the Jordaan for their durability, over the Brixton which were my first choice (as the look is slightly more casual). I want these shoes to last me as long as possible, am I making the right choice?
Thank you very much :flowers:

I have the Jordaan in several colors, including red patent ooh lala! I wear a size 10 in US size and the 40 fits me well length wise, so I say TTS. But I do have to use a shoehorn to get them on, probably because of a high instep. I feel they run slightly narrow, but the soft leather 'gives' after awhile. Sorry I can't help you with measurements. I personally like the look of the Jordaan better than the Brixton. I wear them even with ripped jeans I think they can go with many clothes.

FYI for

As our new member @polavoid knows and according to NAP

36 French = 35 Italian

https://www.net-a-porter.com/am/sizechart.nap

There are so many variables too

* Although every shoe will be different and will depend on width and box shape

* Each foot is different so what one person of the same normal size may need may be be different than another even in the same pair.

* Actual sizes differ for every model, even a pair tried on in store a few times v workshop fresh. This is particularly true of such soft leather shoes. They will also be different in fabric or eve different leather / exotics.

If you go to NAP or those kind of online stores they will provide extra info. Eg. NAP states Brixtons are TTS and Jordaans fit large and are 0.5 bigger. However, I found the complete opposite, My Jordaans (eel) fit TTS and 'walked-out' of Brixtons, which should fit more snugly because the heel needs to grip and will stretch more.

On the Brixton v Jordaan.

Some people find the Brixton the ultimate in comfort but I think for longterm durability and if you're only going to wear the heel up, Jordaans can't be beat. You can get them resoled and heeled many times too if you ca find a good shoe repairer (as is traditionally done for men's shoes).

Reactions: polavoid
I found the Jordaan loafers to run TTS. You referenced Chanel, I have to go up half size for most Chanel shoes so you may want to go with the 35.5 in the Gucci. I think you will love the loafers, I certainly do.
Thank you Jaxholt15! I think that's what I'll do, after reading probably a hundred of pages on purseforum about Gucci loafers and sizing, I believe the 35,5 will be what will work the best for me, as I have pretty small feet anyway, a tad smaller than 36.

FYI for

As our new member @polavoid knows and according to NAP

36 French = 35 Italian

https://www.net-a-porter.com/am/sizechart.nap

There are so many variables too

* Although every shoe will be different and will depend on width and box shape

* Each foot is different so what one person of the same normal size may need may be be different than another even in the same pair.

* Actual sizes differ for every model, even a pair tried on in store a few times v workshop fresh. This is particularly true of such soft leather shoes. They will also be different in fabric or eve different leather / exotics.

If you go to NAP or those kind of online stores they will provide extra info. Eg. NAP states Brixtons are TTS and Jordaans fit large and are 0.5 bigger. However, I found the complete opposite, My Jordaans (eel) fit TTS and 'walked-out' of Brixtons, which should fit more snugly because the heel needs to grip and will stretch more.

On the Brixton v Jordaan.

Some people find the Brixton the ultimate in comfort but I think for longterm durability and if you're only going to wear the heel up, Jordaans can't be beat. You can get them resoled and heeled many times too if you ca find a good shoe repairer (as is traditionally done for men's shoes).

Thank you very much papertiger for such a detailed answer! Such a struggle buying shoes when you can't try them on first. I'll go with the 35,5 hoping it will work, I'm going to purchase them from Gucci's website and I've read everywhere that they're awful with returns, so, fingers crossed. As I understood they'll also stretch with wear, I'd rather go with a smaller size just to be safe anyway. I will only wear them with the heel up, that's why I thought it'd be better to get a more classic, structured shoe, thanks for reassuring me :smile: although I'm already thinking of buying the Brixton in pink next summer...
I've been watching some unboxings on youtube, some people receive a shoehorn (with their Jordaan, not their Brixton) some don't, did any of you ladies received one?

Reactions: papertiger
Thank you very much papertiger for such a detailed answer! Such a struggle buying shoes when you can't try them on first. I'll go with the 35,5 hoping it will work, I'm going to purchase them from Gucci's website and I've read everywhere that they're awful with returns, so, fingers crossed. As I understood they'll also stretch with wear, I'd rather go with a smaller size just to be safe anyway. I will only wear them with the heel up, that's why I thought it'd be better to get a more classic, structured shoe, thanks for reassuring me :smile: although I'm already thinking of buying the Brixton in pink next summer...
I've been watching some unboxings on youtube, some people receive a shoehorn (with their Jordaan, not their Brixton) some don't, did any of you ladies received one?

I've only received a shoehorn with custom shoes not even my exotic Jordaans, not even MTO loafers, so perhaps luck of draw or a new thing. If you have a shoe horn (and they're fairly cheap don't worry about it.

Let us know how you do step by step (no pun intended)

Reactions: polavoid
I brought my first pair of Jordaans about a month ago, I first ordered a 38 my normal size, but returned them for a 37.5, it’s a struggle to get them on without a shoehorn but they’re a much better fit.
Enjoy :biggrin:

:yes: I have to say a shoehorn to put on loafers is a must. Did Gucci give you a shoehorn? I think it's even more important with Brixtons, Vegas or any other loafer with a collapsable heel.

I bought them last night in a size 35,5! Will keep you updated :biggrin: It's my first purchase ever directly from a luxury store, I'm used to buying from Rebelle or TRR. I'm thinking about buying a shoe horn before receiving the shoes, but if by any chance they send me one, it will be much prettier than the one I'll have bought and I won't ever use it :rolleyes:

Reactions: papertiger
Hello everyone! I received the loafers yesterday (no shoehorn, but I bought one, I really wouldn't have been able to put them on without it). They are beautiful, in terms of lenght they fit perfectly, but boy are they tight! I think (hope) they'll widen just enough for me to be comfortable, but I'm a bit disappointed about one thing : a part of the insoles (under the heel) is already starting to peel off even though I've worn them only at home, with thighs on, not even really walking with them, mainly sitting at my desk. Even if I wanted to send them back, I wouldn't be able to (at least I believe). For the price, you would expect better :/

Last edited:
Reactions: Sferics