Need advice on colored gemstone rings

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I’m looking at getting a halo gemstone ring but I need advice on what color of stone is most easily wearable.

I’m looking at either a pink or a blue tone, here are some pics. What do you think will be more easily worn as an every day?

And as a side note what are your thought of cushion vs emerald cut? TIA!

89945717-25B9-4926-B339-66C022D5ED3F.jpeg CEDAF381-FF87-416D-8EA1-05DD4C83D6A5.jpeg 36365689-7791-4A6C-997F-CAD1E4EE4C83.jpeg 5B61B45C-0A40-4D60-B304-D1D37BE75CDF.jpeg

2. I really like the first one!! [emoji7]I would
    Say go with a color u like the most!!

3. Love the first one but you have to go with what is really speaking to you

4. I love the last one, but I'm a pink girl :lol:

The contrast between the pink gemstone and white metal is simply fabulous! It just looks so clean and eye catching :love:

5. I agree with going for whichever you like best. The nice thing with gemstones is they subtly take on the colors you're wearing, so the contrast is not so stark. I have a pink sapphire similar in tone to the one you posted set in rose gold and if I wear a different pink, it complements it.

6. 3 and 4 in my opinion

7. I personally think it is always easier to match white gold even if the stone is blue of pink =)

8. Hard choice...they all look great! What colored stones were you thinking of? If you plan to wear the ring as an everyday ring, choice a "hard" stone like sapphire. Emerald/tanzanite are soft and prone to cracking/chipping especially in a ring. If you'd like a gorgeous blue check out a Ceylon sapphire.

etoupebirkin and USCGirlie like this.
  9. Great advice!!! Yes, soft stones are not good for daily jewelry. I rarely wear gemstone rings on a daily basis unless they’re small accent stones. I tend to gravitate around diamonds due to its resistance and I simply change color of my settings. There are so many alternatives ... colored diamonds, quartz, zircons,
    Anyway .... great perspective!!

USCGirlie likes this.
  10. Thanks for the info, i didn’t realize how soft tanzenite was. I have seen the Ceylon and they are a beautiful color but not that easy to find. I think I’m leaning towards a blue for everyday. Now I just have to find the right one!

skyqueen likes this.
  11. Love #2. Is that Indicolite?

12. 7BEDDDFC-564B-4766-9553-E193023506E5.jpeg
    What about Montana sapphires? Many colored stones are heat treated or irradiated. Looks like you can still get some beautiful unheated Montana sapphires like this one from EraGem.

lavy, BBC and jules 8 like this.
  13. @lavy I’m obsessed with the stone in #2 (for a pair of earrings). Where are the photos from?

14. They are from Etsy and it’s a Iondon blue topaz. If you search for a “halo London blue topaz ring gold” you will find lots of them”

15. [emoji254][emoji92]thank you!!!![emoji92][emoji254]
    @lavy [emoji8]

lavy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice