Need Advice on cleaning...

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. a camel colored bag. Its a very light color, almost like beige/cream,KWIM? My friend has a camel colored leather gallery tote she got from the outlet and her kids put their water bottles in the bag. Well, the caps weren't on and the bag filled up with water. She was able to sop up the water and dry out the bag but now there is a water stain circling around the bag. How can she "clean" this? It was just water. Will conditioning it with apple help? Any input is very appreciated. She is very upset, she really loves this bag. I don't have pics, sorry. Thanks.

2. Anyone?

3. If it were my bag, this is what I'd do:

1) Using a wet wash cloth, wet down the whole outside of the bag, let the water soak in to the leather so that the whole bag darkens. If the water evaporates right away, it's not wet enough.
    2) Let it dry overnight.
    3) After 24 hours, see if the water stains have diminished. If they have move on to step 4, if not, repeat 1 and 2.
    4) Apple condition the leather LIBERALLY and allow to hang 2-3 hours. Wipe off the excess gently and without rubbing.
    5) Let the bag hang for 24 hours and then buff the leather with a clean dry cloth. If the leather still looks dry, repeat the Apple conditioning process.

I don't personally own a gallery tote, so I cannot say for sure if this will work on this type of leather without creating even more discoloration. It works on my legacy vintage leather though.

4. Arsweb,
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will tell my friend what you suggested. She is very upset as she really loved this bag and it was given to her by her mother. I'll let you know. Thanks again.

5. Check the Louis Vuitton leather cleaning reference threads. Vachetta is also cream colored... I used baby wipes, leather wipes, and Mr Clean Magic Eraser.

6. I'll bet using apple care would help. What I would probably do is try using a baby wipe on it--that's always my suggestion. it seems to get everything out of anyting. I've used them on numerous stains on both leather and jaquard bags and it always works...give her hugs for me and tell her not to worry, she'll get it out eventually!

7. Margaritaxmix and LAltiero85,Thank you for the advice. I will give her the info. I think I need to start carrying the babywipes again in my bags. At least I still have them around from my kids. She is very upset but I'm hoping the advice given by all you wonderful ladies will help. Thanks again.