Need Advice on Boots!

viverr

Jan 9, 2009
Hi girls!

I have my eye on these three pairs of boots. A quick overview of my life: college kid, will be walking around on campus, lives in snowy area. hehe.

I really like the color and style of these :love:: http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/Women/Boots/City-Fashion/71727602-POPOCA/28

But these lace-up heeled boots are adorable and would definitely punch up any outfit :drool:: http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/Women/Boots/City-Fashion/71729042-JELLEY/28 (But! The thing is that they're high heeled so I'm scared my feet will start to hurt after a while. Also, they're not very practical in snowy/icy weather.... But, UBER CUTE. -- I envy those of you who live in So Cal!)

The third one I already bought :yahoo:and they are on their way over right now. It is the Frye Veronica Slouch boots in a grey color. I thought these would be excellent winter boots but they're quite chunky as you can tell in pics.... Normally not my style...

So, what do you think girls? Any input would be much appreciated, thanks very much!

Attachments

stephc005

O.G.
Aug 7, 2008
MD
i'd get the 1st and keep the 3rd. if you are only choosing 1, then i'd go with the 3rd because i typically like a flatter boot (1st doesn't seem as flat to me) and the grey is a nice alternative to traditional black boots seen everywhere. i don't wear chunky boots either though. you're right that high heeled boots would be uncomfortable and impractical- i am a college student too and could never be walking around campus in high heeled boots.

viverr

Jan 9, 2009
Thank you for responding so soon :smile: I keep debating, going back and forth with the heeled boots because they're so cute. To me anyway hehe. The first pair are actually quite flat. I tried them on in the store even though they were a size too small. :P

stephc005

O.G.
Aug 7, 2008
MD
for some reason, i see high heeled boots in stores and online a lot more often than i find nice flat boots. so whenever i do find nice flat boots, i buy them (i'm pretty picky about boots). i prefer a darker brown but the cognac may look different irl? the more i look at the grey boots, the more i wish i could find a pair instead of black boots all the time :smile:

jjensen

O.G.
Sep 1, 2007
Vancouver
The flat boots are definitely more practical, and they will go with everything. The high heels are cute too, but since you are not comfortable walking in heels, you are less likely to wear them everyday. If you have to choose between the 1st and 2nd, I'd say go for the 1st pair.

stephc005

O.G.
Aug 7, 2008
MD
aww thanks! they're so cute, i don't know why i never thought of looking for grey boots before.