Need advice! MJ Stam or Polina? Please help!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Nope, I can't keep two black bags, especially since they are both large and have gold hardware. One would end up unused in the closet with all the other black bags! What can I say...I'm a sucker for a great black bag. If only one of these had silver hardware...then I could rationalize...

2. You are so silly! You are definitely not too old for the Stam. Although I really, really like the Stam, I think you should keep the Polina. The Polina has a really classic shape (and the more I look at it, it kind of reminds me of my pleated Coach hobo, the handle) and I do think that in the long run, you will get more use out of it. At the same time, if you really, really, love the Stam, you should keep it. Go with your initial gut instinct. Let us know what you decide!

3. What did you end up doing?!? I saw a black Polina in person--I'd wanted it in green. But I wasn't in love with the bag. I thought I could find a similar look with a lower end bag, rather than spending nearly $1k on the Polina. I decided that the Stam is a much more distinctive look and that suede lining is VERY yummy...

4. wow! nice bags!!! i totally like the Stam... its growing on me!

5. Thanks for asking, wickedassin...

Believe it or not, I'm still torturing myself with this decision! The Polina would be a great every day bag, which is really what I need, but you are right--it's pretty basic looking. I love the Stam much more, but I'm not sure I will love carrying it from a functionality standpoint. At this point my MJ return period has expired, so if I decide to keep the Polina, I will have to eBay the Stam. I figure I might as well take my time so I have no regrets (even though I'm pretty frustrated with my indecision at this point).

By the way, I responded to your PM on the other board, but with the technical difficulties they are experiencing, I'm not sure my message went through.

6. I have the Polina. I got it last Monday. I saw it from across the room. I originally went to Nordstrom for a Paddington and walked out with 2 MJ bags and a clutch. I have used it all weekend. It really is a great bag and definitely stands out. It's one of those things you really need to see upclose and personal. The inside is a tan color with a cell phone pocked and a very deep zippered pocket. I can post some pics if that will help you out.
    However, I still think the Stam is great. I plan on getting one as soon as I can find it. Eluxury had some this week in blush pink, but I got to it too late. Oh well. Maybe next time.

7. Wicked just posted that the Black stam is available at our local NM in San Diego. It's the new 2006 model.

8. It's great to hear from someone who has the Polina and has actually used it! I bought it a couple of weeks ago and am leaning towards keeping it instead of the Stam, but I'm still going back and forth. Is the Polina as functional as it seems? Can you access items inside quickly and easily? Do you find that it's too heavy? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

What other style MJ bag did you get--and what color is your Polina?

9. Definitely not heavy. When you look at it, you would think it would weigh you down. The flap has taken some time to get use to. It's magnetic, so it will definitely gravitate towards each other. However, if you're forgetful like me, opening and closing the flap to reach in to get something can be annoying at times. But I don't think I have to worry about someone stealing my wallet.

The other MJ I bought was the Large leather hobo in white. I really like that one compared to the Polina, but I bought it for the summer when I'm feeling really sophisticated in some white slacks and my dior glasses. However, just now, I found out that the Nordstrom in my area has a stam bag in white and in putty. So I'm thinking of exchanging the hobo for the stam in white.

I think it would be guttonous to have two MJ bags in white....Although, there's always the putty.

10. I love the Stam better!

11. Thanks for the info on the Polina...

If Nordy's has the stam in the chalk patent, you should definitely check it out. It's more of a creamy white and it is absolutely stunning. Guaranteed to produce ooohs and aaahs wherever you go...

The putty is also beautiful--I had the putty and sold it to buy the black (still have some regret about that, but couldn't afford two). It's a color that matches most anything!

12. stam it baby !!!!! :biggrin: