NEED ADVICE..Missing G BAG strap

lolas

O.G.
Dec 11, 2008
I received today the most gorgeous G Bag in what has got to be the best wrapping done by an Ebay seller, her presentation was beautiful...gift boxed with a bow. I was over the moon then I realized there was no messenger strap:sad: The one reason Ive had to have this bag is due to being able to use it as a messenger (back problems)

I spoke with the seller it seems an honest mistake she used NMs description, so her listing said it included the strap. Had I known there was no strap I wouldnt even bothered bidding, let alone going as high as I did. Here is my predicament....How easy is it to find a replacement?

The seller is open to a return, but I genuinely love the bag...I WANT THE STRAP. I emailed Tods.com directly I guess I need to wait & see. I called a few stores one said they would call & try to find out IF this is something that can be done. Has anybody had any experience with this before?

The last Gbag minus a strap that sold on Ebay went for considerably less than what I paid...should I take up the seller on the offer for a discount & keep it based on the discount(in hopes of getting a strap). Send it back & continue my search? Or wait & see what Tods can do & have the seller pay for the strap IF its available?

At this point Im willing to pay retail, but I cannot find this color combo anywhere(tan & dark brown).

Please, any answers are greatly appreciated.

Honestly, my first reaction would be to return it or ask the seller to buy the strap. I hope someone on the forum has dealt with replacement parts and can advise.

I would return it as you purchased it for the purpose of a messenger bag. I will be suprised if the boutique can sell you just the strap. I have never had luck w/ that w/ other designer boutiques.

For me no messenger strap, no bag. Other beauties will come your way!!

Sorry this happened to you, keep us posted.

Thank you for the replies....in the hopes of it being possible,Ill wait till I hear from Tods. I guess Tues-Wed at the latest. If nothing by then Ill pack her up & send her back:cry:

I was hoping someone had been succesful replacing parts. I remember yrs ago I was trying to find a replacement strap for an Hermes Massai.....it was going to take 5-6mths,& it was close to $400. I gave up on the bag:sad:

LV has been the only one that Ive had luck with similar issues.

Im still going to keep my fingers crossed with this cutie. If any one sees a similar combo ANYWHERE please let me know.

I recently brought my Tod's bag in to get a little metal bit on the turnlock replaced and the lady said it would take 6 months. I wouldn't be surprised if you have a similar wait time for a strap -- if it's even available!

I would just return it. If you're willing to pay retail, then get your refund and get yourself to the nearest mall. You're more likely to get it faster and with a guaranteed authenticity. I wouldn't accept a partial refund if the strap was taht important.

Thank you Hposnm for your reply. I am seriously disappointed in Tods customer service, or lack of it. I made arrangements with the seller to keep the bag even though she offered a full refund after I actually made contact with a "live" person at Tods headquarters. It took me calling 5-6 stores until one of them finally provided me a number for a rep that was suppose to help me. Most stores were very dismissive & the general attitude was "sorry,we dont have additional parts,email Tods about it".

I spoke with the rep. & I was very optimistic after providing him with all the necessary details of the bag. Well....flash forward almost 3WEEKS....no response,no calls,nothing.
This was even after a second email & a promise to get to me. Did I mention that I originally emailed Tods through their website, and yeap you guessed it...NO response either(also been waiting 3wks).

The bag has been sitting in her box with tags still attached( it was a new bag although not purchased through Tods), I thought about looking for a generic strap replacement but I decided just to find her a new home. I love Tods bags & even though I will continue to carry the ones I own, I will NEVER EVER pay retail for them .I was more than happy to pay full price on the G Bag had I found it in stores by me & unfortunetly I did not, granted had I....I would not be dealing with the missing strap.I am actually glad this happened before I went "Tods overboard" though, I cannot imagine paying their prices & not have any confidence in their service. What if I have a strap or zipper break?? What happens then?

This is the first time I have encountered such disregard from a well known brand. I have a Tods outlet & they are friendly & serviceable, the closest boutique is 4hrs away & when I called them they were extremely flip.....she asked me if I purchased the item in that store,if not email Tods about it. WTH??:wtf:

I gotta say after dealing with LV,Chanel & Hermes when it comes to issues,or just servicing their product.....Tods really leaves a lot to be desired:sad:

OP -- I'm sorry they were so dismissive! I haven't had that myself.

See if you can re-sell it to someone else who wouldn't mind a bag without the strap. Or actually, just start using it. Who knows, you might find some way around the non-strap bag. It is afterall, a very very gorgeous bag. :smile:

Incidentally, I would have assumed that if you had back problems, you should just carry your bag on the crook of your arm/under your arm rather than messenger it.

^^Ideally I should be doing the hand carrying thing...but it really is impossible for me with 3 kiddos. So If I sling it to the back & watch my posture messenger bags hurt me less than shoulder bags:smile:

lolas, you might want to try carrying it w/the straps set to the longest setting. When I first got my G-bag, I used the long strap, but then I tried carrying the bag w/the regular straps set to the longest setting, and I never went back to the long strap. Of course, you can't wear it messenger-style this way, but the length is very comfortable, and you might find that it does not place undue stress on your back. (It is so disappointing––and must be so frustrating––that the company has been unresponsive to your inquiries!)

Swan thank you for the advice. Trust me I wont be giving up on the G Bag just yet, so I am tracking one down w/a strap! I do regret not having just returned this one .Im not opposed to trying it without the strap but would still like to have it in the event I need it.Ive been using bags crossbody for so long now,that when I actually use a shoulder bag I feel funny.

Im currently using my D-Bags & even though I dont load them up...after 2-3 hrs I cant handle them anymore.

And yes it was disappointing but Im sure Ill still enjoy their products....Ill just try to get as good as a deal as I can so if something goes wrong with it then it wont hurt as much.;)