Need advice: Metallic Cannage Shoulder Bag

Chi town Chanel

Meow!
O.G.
Dec 18, 2007
Hi Ladies, I'm usually in the Chanel forum, so I want your honest opinion on this bag:

http://www.eluxury.com/estore/browse/product_detail.jsp?id=11362592

My main question is this: How does the metallic leather hold up? Is it prone to color transfer? I wear a lot of black and I don't want to end up with a black spot on a lovely metallic bag on a hot day. Has anyone had the metallic finish rub off or change color in any way?

I'm considering this in the silver color. I want to use this for an every day bag because the long strap and overall shape is really convenient. I just want to make sure that it will hold up well. Please share your thoughts and opinions with me about the leather and durability. Thanks!

Yep, I searched and saw that thread. I was looking for some additional opinions and information as well. If anyone has any additional opinions or info on how this bag wears it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I actually have the drawstring version of this bag in the silver metallic. I LOVE it ~ the color is beautiful. I wear alot of black and haven't noticed any color transfer. The leather is SO soft. I rotate my bags and when I pull my Dior out, I always get excited. You will receive many compliments ~ you can't go wrong if you purchase the bag. Good luck with your decision.

Hello,

I have this exact bag, but in black. I absolutely love the leather...the cannage is baby soft lambskin. I own quite a few other brands (Chanel, Fendi, Balenciaga, YSL, etc) that of course all have soft leather...but, the Dior Cannage bags I own are probably my very favorite (even over the Chanel and Balenciaga B-Bag's). I do have a Dior Cannage Clutch in gold that is beautiful.

I haven't used the drawstring bag as of yet (sorry, can't help you there...it still has the tag on as most of my bags do - because I am ill I don't get out much...haha), but I would imagine it wears really well. I apologize that I don't have the metallic bag, but I would imagine it will wear nicely and be as soft as ever.

Good luck and best wishes, Becky (BeautifulBasics):flowers:

p.s. Here are some pics...............

best wishes, Becky

126297761_o.jpg

114447250_o.jpg

114413402_o.jpg

73552350_o.jpg

LV Fanatic: I ordered the silver metallic leather too. I wear black all of the time and was really worried about the color transfer issue. It's really good to know that you wear your silver metallic with lots of black and you don't have any problems with it. This is really encouraging!

Beautiful Basics: It's great to know that you love this bag shape and style even above some of your Chanels and Bals. It looks like I carry most of the same brands that you do and based on your feedback, this style may blend easily into my collection and wardrobe. I was looking for something with a longer shoulder strap that would be easy to throw over a chunky winter coat. And something that would be a durable every day bag.

Ladies, thank you so much for your detailed feedback! I really appreciate your opinions and help on this one! The bag is ordered and is due to arrive late next week. After I have a chance to look it over IRL and try it on, I will give you an update!:tup:

The bag arrived today. As promised, here are some pics for everyone. The second pic is a close up of the leather. It is pebbled/textured and has a bit of black in it. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Dior 1.jpg
    Dior 1.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 142
  • Dior 2.jpg
    Dior 2.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 119
  • Looks good so he takes a break.jpg
    Looks good so he takes a break.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 130
  • Model 1.jpg
    Model 1.jpg